My answers to Rachel and Sarah's fun family quiz. Thanks, girls!
1. What are some of your family's favorite phrases, exclamations, or sayings?
"For the love of Mike" (sometimes changed to "For the love of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John", "For Pete’s sake", "My foot"
"What goes around comes around", "If it was a snake, it would have jumped out and bit you" (when someone has overlooked an object)
'Which is why we’re too young to know that certain things are impossible. So we will do them anyway!' (our favorite), ' Well hurrah for you!', 'What'll we do with Fox?', 'Put him in a box!'
2. What's the number of boys to girls in your family?
4 boys, 8 girls. Yes, we outnumber them 2-1. They thrive in spite of it. :)
3. What is your favorite tradition your family has?
Our annual New Year’s Eve party when we ‘young ones’ always stay up until midnight and clink our glasses full of cider together at the stroke of midnight.
4. What do you call the midday meal at your house?
"What’s for lunch? I’m starving!" :) Lunch usually, sometimes dinner.
5. Is the majority of your family morning people or night owls?
Morning people by habit; by nature some of both. I happen to be an early bird as well as a bit of a night owl. Definitely a bad combination, making for too little sleep too often! :)
6. What is your favorite vacation location? :P
We rarely vacation. If we had to choose, it would be camping in the mountains.
7. Are your family's weekends usually full of activities such as sports, parties, and outings, or are they more of around the house, fix-it-uppers?
Mostly fix-it-uppers. In the summer we have some activities going on.
8. What is the nationality/ies your family comes from? (i.e. Scotch, Russian, etc)
Polish, Italian, Black Irish, Norwegian, and a wee bit of Lakota Sioux
9. Do you go away for holidays, or celebrate at home?
Usually we stay at home.
10. How did your parents meet?
At Bible College. The very first time my mom saw my dad, he was driving a bus full of students –including her- to Worlds of Fun (an amusement park). He jumped up into the driver's seat and the students went wild cheering him (obviously, my dad was pretty popular). My mom was certain they’d end up in the ditch before they got to the park!! Well, she lived to tell about it... and the rest is history!
Miss Melody Muffin