Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I Knew Not Where

I was going to write a post on one of my WIP stories but unfortunately, I’m just too tired tonight!  So, instead, I’ll share one of my favorite poems.

The Arrow and the Song
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.

I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For who has sight so keen and strong,
That it can follow the flight of a song?

Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend.

The moment I first read this, it stuck with me.  I guess because it is quite thought provoking for me.  To think that one never knows just how something they say or do may come back to them someday.

Miss Melody Muffin 

1 comment:

  1. Wise words to consider in life! Henry's and yours! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.