Monday, June 4, 2012

Around the World in 80 Days Tag

Hayden over at Story Girl is having a fun Around the World in 80 Days blog party. Hop over and check it out!  Here are my answers to her tag:
1. Have you ever read Around the World in 80 Days, or any other books by Jules Verne? If not, do you plan to?
Yes, I read Around the World in 80 Days and loved it!  I also read 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and enjoyed it every bit as much.
2. It's your turn to travel around the world! But you can only visit one country on each continent (excluding Antarctica). Which do you choose?
Oh, this is a tough one!!  I want to visit so many countries!  Let’s see, if I had to choose, it would be: Europe-Italy, Asia-Saudi Arabia, Africa-Egypt, Oceania-New Zealand, North America-Canada, South America-Peru - Machu Picchu to be exact.
3. What is your favorite "foreign" song?
The Tarantella, an Italian folk dance tune.
4. Do you know your heritage? From which country(s) does your family originate?
Yes, I do know.  My heritage is Norwegian, Black Irish, Polish, Italian and Lakota Sioux.
5. What is your preferred method of travel?
Horseback to be honest!
6. What is your favorite ethnic food?
Italian - specifically Lasagna.
7. If you had to choose one literary character to travel around the world with, who would it be?
The Scarlet Pimpernel!  Sink me, but that would be monstrous amusing!
8. From kilts to kimonos, most countries have some form of traditional dress- of which would you be most willing to wear?
Well, really just about any European folk costume/traditional dress and a good amount of Asian as well.  But top favorite - folk dance dresses from the Caucasus region are absolutely stunning.
9. If you could speak any foreign language, what would it be?
Well, I want to be multilingual.  My top pick would be Italian but I also want to know Spanish, French, Arabic, German, Welsh, Norwegian and Lakota Sioux.  And a smattering of Irish, Scottish Gaelic and Greek would be nice.  And… ok, I’ll stop now!
10. What is your opinion on the subject of hot air balloons?
I’d love to ride in one!  ‘Up, up in the air so blue’  But I’m not sure I’d choose to seriously travel in one.
11. Okay. Pick a country, any country (except England). Now pick a piece of classic literature (fiction, please!). If that story took place in this other country, what would be different?
Russia
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Sir Percy and his League rescuing the Royal Family from the Bolsheviks!
12.Choose five of your favorite authors (or just as many as you can)...each from a different country!
Baroness Orczy - Hungary (does she qualify?), Georgette Heyer - England, Marguerite Henry and Louisa May Alcott - United States (it’s a tie between the two of them!), Alexandre Dumas - France, Sir Walter Scott - Scotland
13. In Around the World in 80 Days, Phileas Fogg is accused of bank robbery. Of course, we know he didn't do it- but the book never explains who did. Who do you think robbed the bank?
Robin Hood of course!  (Time travel I guess!)
14. Does your church support any foreign missionaries? If so, tell a little about what countries they are from!
It doesn’t.  But I do have cousins who have served in Mali.
15. Time is running out! You only have a few days left to finish your journey! You're on the last leg of your trip, traveling through the American West by train, when suddenly Indians attack! What do you do?
Start praying!  Do my best to stay calm.  Try to protect any children in the group as well as defend myself.

Miss Melody Muffin

2 comments:

  1. Oh My! I never knew exatly what I live with until I saw it all in one place in print like this!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your answerS!!!! Especially all Scarlet Pimpernel related ones.... *grin*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.