Monday, June 25, 2012

Interview Tag!

Anne-girl’s tag for week four of the June Crusade.  I’m answering it with my three main characters: twins Cordelia and Penelope and their mother Lady Roxana. 

This tag is so much fun!!!!

Do you want a hug?
Cordelia: That depends….  I take hugs from my parents, sister, and Philippe.  And Valaria.  I’d rather not be hugged by anyone else, although I tolerate hugs from my extended family.
Penelope: Cora!  You really shouldn’t talk like that.  It is disrespectful.  I love hugs!
Lady Roxana: I enjoy hugs from my family and friends.

Do you have any kids?
Cordelia: I’m not old enough to have kids.
Penelope: No.
Lady Roxana: Twin daughters that I adore.  (Although Cordelia can be hard for me to understand at times.  My husband was better at understanding her.)  And my husband’s ward Philippe Huntington who is like a son to me.

Have you killed anyone?
Cordelia: No.  Not yet, anyway.  (Smiles speculatively.)
Penelope: Gracious, no!!
Lady Roxana: Never!

Love anyone?
Cordelia: My family.  Especially my late father.  (Impassive mask slides over her face to keep her emotions in check.)
Penelope: My dear family and friends.
Lady Roxana: My family and friends.

What is your job?
Cordelia: Do lessons, help oversee the stables and be strong for my mother and sister.  And, do my best to liven life up around here.
Penelope: Be a good daughter to my mother.
Lady Roxana: Raise my girls properly.

What are you going to do when this tag is over?
Cordelia: Find some way to sneak off from lessons and out to the stables.
Penelope: Cora!  Again!  That will be the third time this week already and it is only Tuesday!
Cordelia: Only the third time?  I must be slacking!
Penelope: You’re hopeless!
Cordelia: Afraid so!
Me: Penelope, you haven’t answered the question.
Penelope: Oh, right!  Um, go to my lessons with my governess Mademoiselle Silette.

What is your greatest fear?
Cordelia: That I’ll lose even more of my family.
Penelope: That Cordelia will get into trouble again today!  Actually, losing my mother or sister.
Lady Roxana: That Cordelia will never fully open up to me again.
Cordelia: People worry to much about me!

What do you think of your parents?
Cordelia: My father was everything to me.  I’m not sure how I’ll go on without him.  Mother is very nice and I love her but I don’t understand (or agree with) the way she thinks sometimes.
Penelope: Cordelia!!!  What a shocking thing to say!
Cordelia: It’s true, nonetheless.
Penelope: I love both of my parents, but I’m closer to my mother.  We understand each other very well.
Lady Roxana:  I have wonderful parents.

Any siblings?
Cordelia: Two – my twin sister Penelope and my adopted brother Philippe.
Penelope: Cordelia and Philippe.
Lady Roxana: Four brothers and one sister, plus five siblings-in-law.  And, two soon-to-be siblings-in-law.

Eye color?
Cordelia: Green.
Lady Roxana: She has the most brilliant and beautiful emerald eyes.
Cordelia: I said green, didn’t I?
Penelope: But, you didn’t correctly describe them.  They are so bright!
Cordelia: Whatever!
Penelope: My eyes are turquoise blue.
Lady Roxana: Sky blue.

Are you good or bad?
Cordelia: Bad.  I’m very stubborn and don’t like to follow rules.
Lady Roxana: Cordelia, she meant, are you a bad character or a good one.
Cordelia: Oh, well, I think bad, but the way my mother and sister are glaring at me, I think the correct answer is good.
Penelope: Honestly, Cordelia, what is wrong with you today?  You’re going to make everyone think badly of you.
Cordelia: I won’t deign to answer that.
Penelope: I’m good.  At least, I always try to be.
Lady Roxana: Good, thank goodness.  I’ve never wanted to be bad.

Favorite season?
Cordelia: Sicilian Spring.
Lady Roxana: That is not a proper season!
Cordelia: Isn’t it?  What a pity!  Well, spring.
Penelope: Summer.
Lady Roxana: The London Social Season.  But, since that isn’t a proper season either, I’ll say spring because that is when the London Season takes place.
Cordelia: (muttering) How unutterably dull!!

Who's your best friend?
Cordelia: Valaria
Penelope: Silvia and Julian
Lady Roxana: Here in Sicily: Beatrice Howard

Hobbies:
Cordelia: Training and riding horses.  Playing the pianoforte.
Penelope: Drawing, painting, playing the harp.
Lady Roxana: I enjoy drawing, playing the pianoforte and doing fancy work.

Do you care what others think of you?
Cordelia: My parents, Penny and Philippe, yes; everyone else, no.  They can think what they want to.  Should I care?
Penelope: Yes, sister, I think you should care.
Cordelia: Oh well.
Penelope: Public opinion is very important to me.
Lady Roxana: Yes, I do care, very much. 

Was this interview fun?
Cordelia: Yes, especially shocking Penelope.  Mother ignored the worst of what I said, in case you couldn’t tell.
Penelope: I liked it very much, except for the dreadful things Cora said.  Allow me to apologize for her.  She has been under a lot of stress and strain lately and isn’t quite herself.
Cordelia: (Sneaks quietly out of the room.)
Lady Roxana: Quite true, Penelope.
Me: Very true, indeed.  Poor girl.
Penelope: Thank you very much for interviewing me!
Lady Roxana: I had a delightful time!

Miss Melody Muffin

1 comment:

  1. This does look like it was a lot of fun to write! :) I can tell that, although you aren't meeting the 50,000 word goal, you really had fun with the June Crusade. That's great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.