Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July Writing Tag Two

Oh dear, I'm late again!  This is the second tag for the Actually Finishing Something July Challenge:

Be truthful.  How has the first week-and-a-half of your personal writing challenge progressed?
The first week was terrific!!!  The second half week - not so well.  That is when our computer crashed.  See this post for more information on that event.

Did you reach your weekly goal or word count?
 I came pretty close.

Are you finding it easier to work with a goal in mind?  Or does it make you nervous and even less inclined to get the work done?
Sometimes a goal does make it a little easier for me to work.

Did you do most of your writing in the morning, afternoon, or evening?  When do you like to write?
I do most of my writing in the morning and evening.  My favorite time to write is all day long!!

What music has been inspiring you to write?
Enya - Book of Days, May It Be, Listen to The Rain and a few others; Les Miserables - the students' revolutionary songs :); The Impossible Dream and Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries.   Also, just the last couple days, Alfie Boe's version of Over The Hills and Far Away.  Love it!!!

Share a snippet of your writing!
(This snippet is from Quara:)
Princess Elsheba, seeing her her three Castle Cats, hurried over to talk to them.  You see, in this land, cats could understand humans - at least, Castle Cats could.  What's more, they could speak - in a mewing sort of language to be sure; but with a little practice a human could understand it.  Elsheba's Castle Cats' names were Caela (she was the leader), Delban and Leromoko.
     "Hello Caela, hello Delban, hello Leromoko."
     "Greetings Princess Elsheba," all three of her friends said at the same time.  To hear all of them speak at once was a fascinating thing I can tell you.

Share your favorite Ah-HA writing moment.  Have you written anything that made you sit back and think, "Okay, this is awesome," during the last week and a half?
I was brainstorming titles for my Three Kyngdoms books, and like a thunderbolt out of the blue, the title for the first Quara book came to me!  (Incidentally, I still don't have titles for any of the Three Kyngdoms books!!)

Any problem spots, scenes that are proving hard to work or characters giving you grief?  If so, how did you overcome these obstacles?
Some of my forest kingdoms in the Three Kyngdoms proved a little hard to name at first.  I needed them named before I could move on.  I just stuck with it and then suddenly had a breakthrough moment and got all of them named in about half an hour!

Share your favorite line said by a character during this week-and-a-half of writing.
Kaldar hestitated, "It's just that, our High Queen isn't what I expected."  (Quara)

How are you going to move forward in this challenge?  It's been little more than a week-and-a-half since the start (July 4).  Are you changing your word count or page goal for this coming week?
Persistence!!!  Losing all those notes when our computer crashed was a blow and got me down for awhile but I've pulled out of it and am fired up again.  My goal for the coming week will stay the same.

 
Miss Melody Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.