Friday, July 27, 2012

Let The Games Begin!

The Summer Olympics 2012 begin today!!!!

I'm a big fan of the Olympics.  My favorite events at the Summer Games are the equestrian events: Three Day Eventing, Dressage and Jumping.  I'm eagerly looking forward to the results of the competitions!

Ann Romney, wife of Presidential candidate Mitt Romney, has a horse on the U.S. Dressage team.  It will be ridden by her trainer who co-owns the horse.  And Queen Elizabeth's granddaughter Zara Phillips is part of the UK equestrian team.  Both Zara's parents, Princess Anne and Mark Phillips, competed in former Olympic Games, and Zara has tried twice before to qualify for the Olympics.  She finally made it this time!

I'll also be following the results of the archery and fencing, and maybe a few other events.

So, will anyone else be following the Olympics?  What are your favorite events?

Miss Melody Muffin

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try to keep up on a few events. My favorites are swimming, diving, and, of course, the equestrian events! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.