Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Reading Habits Tag

I found this delightful tag at Abby’s blog: Newly Impassioned Soul.

Do you snack while you read? If so, favourite reading snack:
 I love snacking while I’m reading!  I prefer fruit-especially apples, nuts and cheese.

What is your favourite drink while reading? 
Tea or fruit juice.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
Mark my books?  Horror of all horrors!!!!

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
Bookmarks.  I have a couple dozen of them stashed here and there in my bedroom.  But, in a pinch, I’ll just memorize the page number.

Fiction, non-fiction, or both?
Both.  More fiction than non-fiction though.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
I definitely tend to read to the end of a chapter.  And then maybe squeeze in a just a few words from the next chapter, if I possibly can!!

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?

No.  But I have been known to slam them onto the shelf or table in such cases.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?

Very rarely.  I usually store it in a corner of my brain and look it up whenever I’m near a dictionary next.

What are you currently reading?
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo!!!  (And loving it I might add!)

Do you have a favourite time/place to read?
Every hour of the day!!  As for favorite place: lying on my bed, curled up in the comfy chair in my room, or swinging on a comfortable swing under a tree in the summer.

Do you prefer series books or stand alones?
Both.  I like stories that continue on and on in series, but some books can’t be anything but stand alones.

Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over?
The Scarlet Pimpernel/Baroness Orczy!  Also, Jane Austen and Sir Walter Scott.

How do you organize your books? (by genre, title, author’s last name, etc.)
By genre or author’s last name.  Westerns, exciting adventures, Austen, Shakespeare, classics, etc.  It just depends on the book.

Miss Melody Muffin

1 comment:

  1. Thought I'd check this out and see if there was anything I didn't know about your reading habits.
    Glad to say I wasn't surprised by anything.
    Mom =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.