Monday, August 27, 2012

Through The Wardrobe

Charity from Austentitis made this neat Narnia tag. 

I was a late comer to Narnia; I only read the books about a year ago.  They instantly became favorites of mine!  It would be superb to walk through a wardrobe into a fantasy world!!  

Who's your favorite Pevensie kid?
It's a toss-up between Peter and Susan.  Although, I don't like how Susan stops believing in Narnia.  I wish Lewis hadn't had her end up that way.

List the other three Pevensie kids in order according to how much you like them.  Include a few details.
After Peter and Susan, Lucy and Edmund tie for next place.  Lucy has a strong faith despite things going wrong and people not believing her, and Edmund, though he wasn't very nice at first, learned from his mistakes and became a jolly good old chap.

Who's your favorite Narnian (other than Aslan)?
Reepicheep.  He is so much fun!!!!  I also like Glenstorm the centaur.

Which child are you the most similar too?
I'm a mix of Peter and Susan.  I have many of Peter's older sibling/leader traits but also Susan's bossiness and older sister mentality.

Have you read the books?
All seven of them, on a cross country vacation last summer.  It sure made the hours fly by!

Which book is your favorite?  Why?
The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.  I love it because it is the first book with the Pevensies in it, and it has a host of other memorable characters; the White Witch, Tumnus and the Beavers, to name a few.

List the books, with the first one being your most favorite and the last being your least favorite.
The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe
The Horse and His Boy
Prince Caspian
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Magician's Nephew
The Silver Chair
The Last Battle

Have you seen the movies?  If so, which is your favorite?  And which do you like least?
I have seen all three movies.  My favorite is LWW.  I like PC and VDT about the same.

Tell us some general thoughts about the movies - what you liked or disliked about them.
LWW was very good.  It follows the book fairly closely and I didn't mind any of the small changes made to it.  I HATE what they do to Peter's character in PC, esp since the Peter in that book is awesome.  But, Caspian is great in the movie, the horses are terrific, Susan gets to fight in the battle, and last but not least, the costumes are gorgeous!  VDT was good but the whole green mist thing was bizarre and IMO unnecessary.  I did like the sea serpent/dragon fight.  And Caspian and the Pevensies were terrific.  Oh, and Eustace!  Eustace was HILARIOUS!  Especially his scenes with Reepicheep.  I love the soundtracks from all of the movies, especially the songs This Is Home and The Call from PC and There's A Place For Us from VDT.  Wunderkind from LWW is very good, too.

Did you get to see any of the movies in the theater?  Which one(s)?
No, I didn't see any of the movies in the theater.

Have you gotten to read the amazing movie guides for LWW and PC?
Not yet, but do I ever want to!!  They are on my wish list.  

If you had to live in Narnia for one day - one day from any of the books as any of the characters - which day/character would you choose?  Why?
From the books... Aravis on the day they arrive at the castle of Archenland.  She is my favorite character aside from the Pevensies.  From the movies... Susan from LWW on the day of the battle and coronation, or PC on the day of the Battle of Beruna when she is leading the archers on the cliff above the battlefield.  I love those two battles!  I've always wanted to fight in an epic fantasy battle, and save a kingdom.  :)


Miss Melody Muffin

5 comments:

  1. Glad you did this! I enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Narnia is epic! Haha! Loved reading your answers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love Narnia so much. Even thinking about it gives me those "happy-childhood-memories" thoughts :)

    I definitely agree that I didn't like how Susan stopped believing in Narnia. How is that even possible, really? If it were me... (and I've been compared to Susan both in movie-looks and in book-actions), I'd never forget!

    The Lion, The Witch, & the Wardrobe is pretty unbeatable, but I must admit I love the Horse & His Boy too. It had such a different, almost Arabian flavor to it.

    Thanks for reminding me of those dear books :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Narnia forever!!!!

    There's that word 'epic' again, Kiri! :) I do agree with you as far as Narnia goes, it is epic!

    Sienna, the Arabian flavor is a major reason I like The Horse and His Boy, too. Arabian worlds fascinate me. It is also a main reason I like Aladdin, although as a general rule Disney princess movies bore me, (except for the music).

    Yeah, I wouldn't have forgotten about Narnia either had I been Susan. That it just unthinkable!

    I know Lewis wrote Susan's forgetfulness of Narnia as a picture of those who turn away from God, but did he have to have it happen to Susan?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.