Kiri Liz awarded me the Liebster Blog Award. Thank you, Kiri!!!!
Rules: (This one is all about elevens!)
1. You must post eleven facts about yourself.
2. You must also answer the eleven questions the awarder has given you and make up eleven questions for your awardees to answer in turn.
3. Tag eleven fellow bloggers
4. Notify them that you've awarded them
5. No tagging back
6. And the eleven blogs you tag must have less than 200 followers.
Eleven facts about myself: Oh, let's see....
1. I love rain and wind.
2. I don't like the color orange, for the most part.
3. I have never learned to like beets.
4. Roses are my favorite flower, followed closely by lilacs.
5. I have two new story plots swirling around in my brain right now. (Posts on them coming soon!)
6. I dislike photo shoots unless I'm behind the camera. My younger sisters keep trying to get me to enjoy them, but... so far they've only had partial success. I don't hate photo shoots anymore, but I still don't like them.
7. I spent years thinking I had been born 150 or 200 years too late.
8. Empress Josephine of France is one of my favorite historical people.
9. I very rarely go barefoot.
10. I bought a copy of The Princess Bride book last week and it is going under lock and key until I finish Les Miserables, lest, like Anne Shirley, I be tempted to read it before I am done with Les Mis. :)
11. This is quite an odd collection of random facts!
Eleven questions from Kiri Liz:
1. What is your favorite book?
The Scarlet Pimpernel
2. Do you prefer coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
If it is winter, hot chocolate. The rest of the time, tea.
3. Preferred style of dressing: casual or formal?
Causal, most definitely. I dress up for weddings and that's about all. Dreadful, really.
4. What is your favorite candy?
5. If given a day to spend in any book/movie, which one would you choose?
Oooh, choices! Right now, Les Miserables, at the barricade.
6. What are some of your favorite blogs?
Besides the blogs of those who I awarded:
Yet Another Period Drama Blog
7. What is your favorite way to eat ice cream? Cone, ice cream cake, sundae, or other?
I love ice cream sandwiches!
8. What is your favorite outside activity?
Riding my horse!! What makes it even better is if I'm riding through some sagebrush; not too much, but just enough that the smell clings to my horse and me. :)
9. What is your favorite Bible verse?
Psalm 34:7 "The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them."
10. How does your family spend a slow, summer evening?
We prefer to spend it watching Amazing Grace (for the twentieth time or so!) or The Swiss Family Robinson. Of course, since our summers are very busy, it doesn't happen very often! :)
11. What is your favorite memory?
I can't think of a absolute favorite at this moment but going on a trail ride up in the mountains with a bunch of friends a few years ago was terrific.
Eleven questions I pass on:
1. What is your favorite flower?
2. Do you plan to see The Hobbit and/or Les Miserables when they come out in December?
3. If you could wear a dress from any period movie, what would it be?
4. Have you read any of Beverly Lewis' Amish fiction books?
5. Do you prefer Mr. Darcy or Mr. Knightley?
6. Have you ever ridden a horse and if so, do you regularly ride?
7. If you could time travel, what historical period would you visit?
8. What is your favorite hymn?
9. Who is your favorite poet?
10. Do you knit, crochet, tat or embroider?
11. What is your least favorite book?
Eleven bloggers I award:
Miss Jack Lewis Baillot
And I'm awarding Amy with this as well, although she's not passing on awards anymore. :)
Miss Melody Muffin