Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Another award!



 
Kiri Liz awarded me the Liebster Blog Award.  Thank you, Kiri!!!!

Rules:  (This one is all about elevens!)
1. You must post eleven facts about yourself.
2. You must also answer the eleven questions the awarder has given you and make up eleven questions for your awardees to answer in turn.
3. Tag eleven fellow bloggers
4. Notify them that you've awarded them
5. No tagging back
6. And the eleven blogs you tag must have less than 200 followers.

Eleven facts about myself:  Oh, let's see....
1. I love rain and wind.
2. I don't like the color orange, for the most part.
3. I have never learned to like beets.
4. Roses are my favorite flower, followed closely by lilacs.
5. I have two new story plots swirling around in my brain right now.  (Posts on them coming soon!)
6. I dislike photo shoots unless I'm behind the camera.  My younger sisters keep trying to get me to enjoy them, but... so far they've only had partial success.  I don't hate photo shoots anymore, but I still don't like them.
7. I spent years thinking I had been born 150 or 200 years too late.
8. Empress Josephine of France is one of my favorite historical people.
9. I very rarely go barefoot.
10. I bought a copy of The Princess Bride book last week and it is going under lock and key until I finish Les Miserables, lest, like Anne Shirley, I be tempted to read it before I am done with Les Mis.  :)
11. This is quite an odd collection of random facts!

Eleven questions from Kiri Liz:
1. What is your favorite book?
The Scarlet Pimpernel

2. Do you prefer coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
If it is winter, hot chocolate.  The rest of the time, tea.

3. Preferred style of dressing: casual or formal?
Causal, most definitely.  I dress up for weddings and that's about all.  Dreadful, really.

4. What is your favorite candy?
Twix.

5. If given a day to spend in any book/movie, which one would you choose?
Oooh, choices!  Right now, Les Miserables, at the barricade.

6. What are some of your favorite blogs?
Besides the blogs of those who I awarded:
Old-Fashioned Charm
Lianne Taimenlore
Yet Another Period Drama Blog

7.  What is your favorite way to eat ice cream?  Cone, ice cream cake, sundae, or other?
I love ice cream sandwiches!

8. What is your favorite outside activity?
Riding my horse!!  What makes it even better is if I'm riding through some sagebrush; not too much, but just enough that the smell clings to my horse and me.  :)

9. What is your favorite Bible verse?
Psalm 34:7 "The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them."

10. How does your family spend a slow, summer evening?
We prefer to spend it watching Amazing Grace (for the twentieth time or so!) or The Swiss Family Robinson.  Of course, since our summers are very busy, it doesn't happen very often!  :)

11. What is your favorite memory?
I can't think of a absolute favorite at this moment but going on a trail ride up in the mountains with a bunch of friends a few years ago was terrific.

Eleven questions I pass on:
1. What is your favorite flower?
2. Do you plan to see The Hobbit and/or Les Miserables when they come out in December?
3. If you could wear a dress from any period movie, what would it be?
4. Have you read any of Beverly Lewis' Amish fiction books?
5. Do you prefer Mr. Darcy or Mr. Knightley?
6. Have you ever ridden a horse and if so, do you regularly ride?
7. If you could time travel, what historical period would you visit?
8. What is your favorite hymn?
9. Who is your favorite poet?
10. Do you knit, crochet, tat or embroider?
11. What is your least favorite book?

Eleven bloggers I award:
Katherine Sophia
Jessica
Alexandra
Natasha Marie
Maria Elisabeth
Anne-girl
Miss Jack Lewis Baillot
Katie S.
Miss Woodhouse
Miss Abilaine
Jemimah C.

And I'm awarding Amy with this as well, although she's not passing on awards anymore.  :)

Miss Melody Muffin

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating in all the elensies thingummies! I love reading tidbits and answers from people!! :D

    Born 150 or 200 years late? Yes! I'm not the only one that thinks that! The only problem with that would be that there was no blogger 200 years ago... how sad... how did people survive? ;)

    The Scarlet Pimpernel -- Epic!! :)

    I'm casual as well... much to the dismay of my formal sisters. ;)

    Love Swiss Family Robinson! My family had that on a VHS and really enjoyed watching it until our VHS player broke and now we've only got a DVD player with no SFR on DVD...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Rain and wind! I love rain and wind! I think perhaps it's indicative of a writerly personality, for every girl I've met who loves to write seems to also love stormy weather. Inspiring, maybe?

    Ooh, can't wait to hear about your story plots!

    You will LOVE The Princess Bride. It's better than the movie, IMHO. Absolutely hilarious.

    Tea and hot chocolate... sigh...

    Les Miserables at the barricade might be INTERESTING, but a bit too dangerous for my taste. Heh.

    Awww, thanks for awarding me! I'm just gonna answer your questions right here, if you don't mind.

    1. Probably roses. Stock answer, I know...
    2. I definitely want to see Les Miserables!!
    3. Oh my stars, you HAD to ask that. Um... do I have to pick one? *randomly runs through list of favorites* Maybe Victoria's gold ball gown in The Young Victoria. Or Anne's gorgeous peach suit from Anne 2.
    4. I've read three (The Shunning, The Redemption of Sarah Cain, The Fiddler)... wasn't terribly impressed. Haha.
    5. Mr. Knightley Mr. Knightley Mr. Knightley.
    6. I've only been riding twice (Western, btw) but I enjoyed it very much both times and would like to go again!
    7. Medieval France would be awesome. I could do research for my book!
    8. Currently "It Is Well With My Soul," but it tends to change rather frequently.
    9. This will sound trite, but I adore the whimsy style of A. A. Milne. I'm afraid I'm not much of a poetry girl... Marianne would not like me.
    10. I knit, crochet and have embroidered on occasion.
    11. Good question. Ummm... some rather horridly boring children's books come to mind, but I guess I'd have to say the Canterbury Tales at present. Dry as dust, heavy slogging and grossly inappropriate to boot.

    That was fun! Sorry for taking up so much space in your comment box, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiri,
    By the time I was writing the second or third 'eleven' I was wanting to write 'elven'! (I blame Tolkien.) Heehee. I'm glad to find someone else who wished they were born in the past! No Blogger though... good point! How did people survive- haha!

    Oh, my sisters are the same way! They welcome every chance to dress up and ask me if I will let them do my hair, or give me advice about a fancier way to dress.

    I sympathize with your plight! We don't have SFR on VHS or DVD yet. It is on the 'To Buy, SOON' list though.

    Amy,
    Oh, don't apologize for a long comment! Thank you for answering the questions!

    Hmm, loving stormy weather indicative of a writerly personality? I never thought of that before but I can certainly see it! It is most definitely inspiring! The passion of the elements always evokes a strong creative response in me.

    I LOVE Victoria's gold ball gown!! It is one of my all time favorite movie costumes.

    I haven't read The Redemption of Sarah Cain or The Fiddler. I did enjoy The Shunning, especially after reading the whole trilogy. My favorite of her series is The Courtship of Nellie Fisher. It is really good!

    I prefer Mr. Darcy!

    Come visit me! We'll go riding 'over the hills and far away'. :)

    Canterbury Tales, yeah, when I first read it a few years ago, I had no idea there would be so many dreadful things in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the award, me dear! I've enjoyed reading the random facts about you and your answers, and I admire you for reading Les Miserables. I love the story, but I cannot read the book. It is one of those, too complex for me, ones.

    Escape plans are fun. I too enjoy writing them from time to time, but my favourite things to write are battles.

    Allons-y!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! Thank you so much! I'll try and get around to it soon!!!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for awarding me! I've been awarded before, but your questions are too delightful to leave unanswered.

    1. The scarlet pimpernel. Not a jest, m'dear.
    2. Being a loyalist and die-hard fan of J.R.R. Tolkien's works (I was acquainted with him before I met Victor Hugo), I will definitely watch The Hobbit first! But I'll not miss out watching Les Miserables as well. It's just that I knew about The Hobbit before Les Mis.
    3. It's technically not a movie, but I love this dress worn by Mary Crawley in Downton Abbey. http://islesofjane.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/photo-by-nick-briggspicture-desk2.jpg
    4. I read Lewis' Summerhill Secrets series. Haven't tried reading the rest, though.
    5. Mr. Knightley. He's...almost flawless.
    6. As a young girl, yes. But due to fear, I stayed away from them. Which I regret now.
    7. The Regency Era. Or maybe the French Revolution.
    8. I don't really have just one favorite hymn, but Amazing Grace is one of the.
    9. My taste for poetry ranges from entrancing J.R.R. Tolkien poems to light, fun A.A. Milne ones to Shakespeare, Emily Dickinson...I cannot seem to choose merely one. Sorry!
    10. No to all. They never worked out for me.
    11. Lord of the Flies by William Golding. It was very queer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ever so much for the award, Miss Melody! It was delightful reading your answers, and I can't wait to answer your questions. =)

    Have a lovely day!
    ~Tasha~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jack,
    Oh yes, I LOVE writing battle scenes!

    Jessica and Tasha,
    I'll look forward to reading your posts!

    Jemimah,
    Thank you for answering the questions!

    I probably knew about Hugo first, but I read LOTR first. :)

    Mary Crawley has the most beautiful dresses! (Although some of Sibyl's are very nice, too.) My favorite dress of Mary's is the red evening dress she wears in the first season. I am so looking forward to Season 3!!!

    Love Amazing Grace!! It is my favorite hymn too!

    Lord of the Flies... I never was interested in trying this. The name itself turned me off. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.