Sunday, September 23, 2012

Quote of the Week: Dinah Craik

"The blessing it is to have a friend to whom one can speak fearlessly on any subject; with whom one's deepest as well as one's most foolish thoughts come out simply and safely.  Oh the comfort – the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person – having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away."
Dinah Craik

Miss Melody Muffin

1 comment:

  1. That is a very sweet quote 8-) I hope someday to find a friend like that.

    Aye, Indiana is a pet. He's my temperamental Corn Snake.

    Aye, I agree. Complete control over my work does have its merits.

    Thank you for your thoughts on all this. I've pretty much decided, which I will announce later, and everyone's thoughts has helped a lot.

    I know how your younger sister feels. I've a deep seated fear of spiders. Disturbing little things they are.

    Allons-y

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.