Sunday, September 30, 2012

Quote of the Week: Wilberforce

"If to be feelingly alive to the sufferings of my fellow-creatures is to be a fanatic, I am one of the most incurable fanatics ever to be at large."
William Wilberforce
I love this quote!  God grant we may all be fanatics like this!


And from Wilberforce's third son comes this quote, spoken during a debate with Thomas Henry Huxley on Darwin's theory of evolution.  It is heavily sarcastic and did it ever make me laugh!! 

"Is it on your grandmother's or grandfather's side that you are descended from an ape?"
Samuel Wilberforce

Have a wonderful week!

Miss Melody Muffin

2 comments:

  1. Awesome quotes. Samuel Wilberforces' quote made me laugh, too. Though it was sarcastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one by Samuel Wilberforce. I will try and remember that one.

    I know your sorrow over lack of rain. I was surprised we got so much. Usually we just get it once or twice and it is just a little.

    My mum is looking forward to Les Mis more then The Hobbit too. I'm tied with them.
    Oh yes, opening on Christmas day is a brilliant idea. But, making us wait 8-( Very mean.

    John says thank you 8-D

    Elementary was okay. I'm going to review it later. He was no Sherlock, but crime show wise, it was good.

    Having a fear of something smaller then you I don't find irrational. I am terrified of spiders and they seem to be a more irrational fear then snakes.
    But yeah, I'm kind of fond of snakes.

    Allons-y!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.