Monday, October 22, 2012

Doctor Who Party Tag!!!

This is going to be so much fun!!  I made myself fill this out before reading everyone else's answers and now I'm off to do that!

1. If you decided to name your first born child after any Doctor Who character, male or female, who would it be?
Rose.  I've always liked the name anyway, and Rose is such a fantastic character!  But I'd probably use the Spanish version, Rosa.

2. What is your favourite colour of the Doctor's shoes?
Hmmm, red I think.

3. Look around yourself and name the one thing that is TARDIS blue in your house!
I had some tennis shoes which were pretty close, but I wore them out this summer.

4. If you could pick who plays the Twelfth Doctor which actor would you choose and why?
Benedict Cumberbatch.  (He's a fan of the show and actually talked with David Tennant about trying for the role, but decided not to.)
And his companion?  Katie McGrath.  (Lady Morgana on BBC's Merlin)
And I'd like to see Tom Hiddleston either as another companion for Twelve or as Thirteen.

5. The Doctor is going back in time again, which historical era should he visit?
THE FRENCH REVOLUTION!!!!  It is one of my two top favorite historical time periods.  (Tudor England is the other.)  I don't know all the era's he has visited, but I'd also like to see him go to the Norman Conquest if he hasn't already been there.

6. Would you REALLY go with the Doctor in the TARDIS?
In a heartbeat.  I would find it almost impossible to miss such a chance of having adventures and seeing amazing things.  And saving the world.  =)

7. Who's your favorite Doctor and why?
The Tenth Doctor.  He is hilariously quirky, is more of a smart aleck than Nine (who was more sarcastic) and not quite as geeky as Eleven.  And he can be sweet and sad and angry and kind and furious and protective and....

8. Would you be afraid to spend Christmas in London?
No, because if something goes wrong that means the Doctor would be sure to show up and then I'd get to meet him!

9. Do you look at an ordinary screwdriver and think 'this could be a bit more sonic?'
Yep.  Just yesterday in fact.

10. Angel statues, plastic mannequins, Christmas trees - what ordinary everyday object would you love to make an object of terror to Whovians were you Steven Moffat?
Tough one!  Probably a broom or mop.

11. The TARDIS lands in your garden and the Doctor steps out. What is the first thing you say to him?
"What danger is the world facing now?  Can I help you save it, please?  And then travel with you?"

12. Who is your favorite actor who has played the Doctor so far and why?
David Tennant.  He's quite funny in interviews and he does Shakespeare!!!

13. Have you seen any Classic Doctor Who? If so, which Doctor/episode(s) is your favorite?
I've seen clips of the Fourth Doctor, played by Tom Baker.  Mainly because he is the Doctor my Mom knew so I was curious.  I enjoyed him.  "Have a Jelly Baby."

14. Which are the creepiest, scariest and all-out meanest baddies in all the Who-niverse?
Cybermen.  Daleks are the biggest baddies, but the Cybermen are scarier.  Creepiest though, goes to the Gelth.  *shudders*

15. Who is/are your favorite Companion(s) and why?
Rose Tyler.  She's so personable and fun and I love her relationship with the Doctor.  Martha Jones would be my second favorite.  What little bit I saw of Donna, well, she annoyed me a tiny bit, but she may grow on me.  And I haven't figured out if I'm going to like Amy yet or not.  She and Rory are pretty funny though.

16. Did you cry more watching Doomsday or The Angels Take Manhattan?
Haven't seen either yet, but I suspect Doomsday will be the more emotional one for me.

17. What is your favorite quote from the show?
So far, "There's an act of Parliament banning my autobiography."  (Harriet Jones, Prime Minister.)

18. Which Doctor (including all previous regenerations) would you most like to be the companion of, and why?
Ten.  For all the reasons listed above.  Although, being the companion of Twelve if he was BC would be terrific.  Or of Hiddleston as Thirteen.

19. Which of the following are you more scared of, the Daleks, Cybermen, or the Weeping Angles?
The Cybermen I think.  With the Weeping Angels a very close second.

20. Who are some of your favorite guest stars in the series?
One of the best parts about Doctor Who is that you can see the guest stars in so many other great things.  From the episodes I've seen so far, Penelope Wilton and Anita Briem are my favorites.  Oh, and Simon Callow.  I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing Hadley Fraser, Michelle Ryan and Colin Morgan.

21. What was your first experience with Doctor Who and how did you hear about the series?
My mother actually!  She told me about it a few years ago but I didn't get really interested in it until I started blogging and heard more about it from certain people's blogs, like Alexandra's and then later Natasha's.  I looked it up on Wikipedia and knew I wanted to see it but that it would have to wait until this fall because I would be too busy over the summer.  When Tasha announced her blog party, I finally took the plunge.  I saw some clips on You Tube first and loved them!  Then I started watching Series One with Nine and It. Was. Terrific.  And last Saturday I saw the Christmas Invasion.  I already liked Ten best from the clips I'd seen, but that episode confirmed for me that he was my absolute favorite Doctor.  I've been watching clips on the nights when I didn't have time to see a full episode, so I have seen several scenes with each of the three doctors.

22. The Ninth Doctor said, 'Fantastic!', Ten said, 'Allons-y', and Eleven says, 'Geronimo'; what would you like to be the signature exclamation of the Twelfth Doctor?

Blitzen, I think.  Or cracky.

23. If you were trapped in an episode, which one would it be?
The Christmas Invasion.  Or World War Three.

24. Which is your favorite episode with each Doctor (Nine, Ten and Eleven)?
Nine:The two part Aliens of London and World War Three.
Ten: The Christmas Invasion
Eleven: I have yet to see any full episodes with Eleven, but I love the clips I've seen from Series 6 Episode 6- The Almost People, when he is trying to build a TARDIS console.  "You never read the instructions."  "I always read the instructions."

25. After watching a certain Doctor Who episode, did you summon up the courage to try fish sticks and custard?
No.  And I still halfway cringe when I watch Eleven eat it.

Miss Melody Muffin

4 comments:

  1. I think it's definitely more fun to answer the questions first before you answer them yourself. Then you have the fun of seeing how similar or different your answers are to everyone else. :)

    That's three of us who want the Doctor to go back in time to the French Revolution! That would be so awesome:)

    I've only seen one episode with Tom Baker, but I really, really like him as the Doctor! I can see why he is/was everyone's favorite...unitl Ten, that is;)

    That scene with Eleven and Amy where he's trying all of the different foods cracks me and grosses me out all at the same time. "Beans are evil." ;)

    Loved reading your answers! I'm so glad you're enjoying Doctor Who! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. World War Three was a fun episode! My sister and I giggled so much in that one, then she got all swoony when it didn't want to stop the Aliens because it might mean loosing Rose.

    The Christmas Invasion was fun too! I loved Jackie in that one. "What do you need? Tea? Soup? Aspirin?" "I need you to shut up!" "He's not changed that much." That was when I really started to like Jackie.

    Yes, you may come visit me and we can go to Narnia together 8-D

    Will you be doing Doctor Who outfits?

    I enjoyed the tag!

    Allons-y!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I meant answer the questions first before reading everyone else's answers...not what I said in my first comment. Wow. I must have been tired. hehe *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  4. A broom or a mop... now that would be scary...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.