Wednesday, October 31, 2012

One More Day Before The Storm...

...Of Writing!!!!!

Several of my Blogger friends will be beginning the rush to the NaNoWriMo 50,000 word goal tomorrow.  But not me.

I had really hoped to be able to take part in NaNo this year.  It would have been my first time.  But, Life decided that was not to be.  My November is looking extremely unpredictable so I won't be able to commit to 50,000 words.  However, I am pretty sure I can do 25,000 words, so, I will be joining Half NaNo, an event dreamed up by my friend Amy Dashwood.  For the rules and button and etc., check it out here.

I'll be writing on the first book in my Three Kyngdoms series.  Today having recovered from being sick yesterday (see below), I finished naming some of the minor characters - elf lords and knights and such.  I double checked my outline, rough sketched in a few more things and worked on backstories and character developments.  I think I'm ready to go!!

Yesterday, I woke up feeling awful.  It was a bit of a stomach flu combined with a buildup of stress from the past couple weeks, and being very overtired.  All in all, it laid me pretty low all day.  Not only was I physically exhausted (and still am) but I was also mentally exhausted.  That was a very weird feeling for me.  I am NOT used to mental exhaustion.  I almost NEVER run out of mental energy.  But, I did yesterday!  ):  Ugh.  I HATE being sick.  Passionately abhor it.  Loathe it.  Detest it! 

Uh, yeah, I think you all get the idea.  =)

Also going on this week, Anne-girl had the Scribbler's Conference Award Ceremony on Monday.  To my great surprise, I won The Participators Award!  Thank you very much, Anne!!!!

Anyway, that is what I've been up to this week!

Happy Scribbling to everybody tomorrow!!!

Miss Melody Muffin

1 comment:

  1. Doing half a NaNo doesn't sound too bad. Kind of relaxing while still getting work done.

    I hope it goes well for you. And I was most sorry to hear you were ill. Sickness aren't nice at all, especially when they are flu like. And being worn out mental and physically can be extra exhausting. I hope you get plenty of rest and feel like your old self soon 8-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.