Thursday, December 6, 2012

Awards!

Sooooo, I am finally catching up on my backlog of awards and tags!

Back in September, Kiri Liz from Lianne Taimenlore awarded me the Artsy Award.  Thank you very much, Kiri!


Rules:
1. Normally this is where it says "thank the person who gave you the award and leave a link to their blog etc. etc." Well, you can do that if you want. I mean, if you like the award and you're glad you got it and you can do that. Or you can just copy this and have people listen to me rambling. :)

2. Answer the five questions set out for you and make the next five questions for the people that you nominate. 

3. OK, so usually there's a "NO TAGBACKS" rule. I'm here to say that in #3 of this award you can tag or not tag or whatever you want to do. Agreed? Agreed. ;)

Kiri's questions:
1. Peaches or pineapple?
Hmm, pineapple, although I am fond of peaches, too.

2. Piano or violin?
Piano.  I do have a sister who is interested in learning the violin.

3. What famous literary character do you think you are most like?
Elinor Dashwood, most of the time.  Several years ago a friend told me if I had red hair, I would be just like Anne of Green Gables.  I was thrilled!  (And to those who may wonder, yes, like Elinor, there is much hidden beneath my surface personality.  And I still do have many facets of Anne's personality.)

4. Where do you see yourself ten years from now?
Oooh!  I would LOVE to be living in England and be a costume designer for the BBC, and writing books and training horses on the side.  Ah, for a dream come true!  :)
Where I really see myself is still writing novels and hopefully with several books published.  And maybe training a few horses.

5. What is your main goal in writing?
To glorify God and hopefully bless others by the messages in the stories of all these characters who have invaded my life.

Five questions for my awardees:
1. Rain or snow?
2. Would you rather visit Paris or London?
3. Do you prefer a dark night or a moonlit night?
4. Have you ever seen a Mountain Bluebird?
5. On your dream vacation, where would you go?

I award:
Miss Elizabeth Bennet of Elegance of Fashion
Kellie of Accordion to Kellie
Miss Dashwood and Miss Marianne at The P&P95Forever Club
Sarah and Rachel of Two's Company
Maria Elisabeth at Miss Georgiana Darcy


Also in September, Jessa Bri at Life of a Michigan Homeschooler awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award.  Many, many thanks, Jessa!

Rules:
1. Must state the rules.
2. Thank the awarded and link back to them.
3. Must pass this award along to five other bloggers.
4. List their names with links to their award winning blogs.
5. Must notify the awarded bloggers by commenting on their blogs.
6. Share seven unusual things about yourself.  Something that not many people could say about themselves.

1. I have a multi-track brain.  This means that most of the time, I can think about at least two things at the same time.
2. I would love to have a Siamese colored lion.  (These just showed up in one of my stories a few weeks ago.)
3. Actually I would love to have any color lion, tiger or jaguar for a pet.
4. I have jumbled Greek, Spanish and English into the same sentence.
5. I used to regularly wash my family's laundry in a ringer washer.
6. I have shocked oats, with some friends.
7. I enjoy exclaiming in other languages.  Caramba!  Eureka!

I award:
Jack at However Improbable
Kendra at Knitted by God's Plan
Katie at Whisperings of the Pen
Jessica at Safirewriter
Katherine Sophia at Seek Him First

And in October, Kiri Liz also awarded me with the Liebster Blog award.  Thank you, Kiri! 


Rules:
1. You must post eleven random facts about yourself.
2. You must also answer the eleven questions the awarder has given you and make up eleven questions for your awardees to answer in turn.
3. Tag eleven fellow bloggers.
4. Notify them that you've awarded them.
5. No tagging back.
6. The eleven blogs you tag must have less than 200 followers.

Random facts:
Okay, I did something a little different for the first few questions and asked some of my sisters for random facts about myself.  (I refer to them with numbers here but I do have a post in my drafts introducing my family properly.  Sometime I will actually post it.)  :)

1. Sister #3 reminded me that, like the Clampett family, I have eaten opossum.
2. And I have also eaten raccoon.
3. Sister #1 says I have never been to the ocean.  (And I do so long to go!)
4. Sister #4 says I have been to a Steven Curtis Chapman concert.  (Was it ever terrific, too!)
5. Sister #3 says I have unusually coarse hair.  (She's the hairstyle sister.)
6. I do not like peanut butter.
7. My grandpa informed me (in jest of course) that to not like peanut butter is un-American.
8. I am not fond of mustard either, except in certain dishes, like potato salad.
9. Pizza quesadillas are one of my favorite foods.
10. I enjoy seeing what actresses/celebrities wear on the red carpet (even if most of the outfits I would never wear).
11. I can hardly wait to see Les Miserables and The Hobbit!!

Kiri elected not to give us eleven more questions to answer since she had already given us eleven questions in an elvensies tag that I will fill out later.

My questions for the awardees:
1. What is your favorite holiday tea (or drink)?
2. Would you rather visit the mountains or the ocean?
3. What is your favorite soup?
4. A mouse runs out from under a wall and across your bedroom.  What do you do?
5. What was the last book you read?
6. King Kamehameha (the Great), who was he?
7. What is your favorite Christmas song?
8. What is your favorite traditional Thanksgiving food?
9. Have you ever been in an airplane?
10. Housecleaning, do you hate it, not mind it, or actually like it?
11. Ever played Ultimate Frisbee?

And I award:
TomWildRose at The Rambling Rose
Clair at Working Title
Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm
Hayden at Story Girl
Rachel at A Butcher, A Baker, A Candlestick Maker
Vicki at Sunshine and Shadow
Nessima Tavariel at Arda Nessimava
Charity at Austentitis
Storyteller at Storyteller of Weston County
Rose M at The Golden Road
Abby at From My Writing Desk

ETA: I just realized I forgot to check the blogs I awarded for the less-than-200-followers rule.  So I might be breaking that rule!  :)

Miss Melody Muffin

8 comments:

  1. Aw - thanks so much, Melody! What a wonderful surprise! :-)

    Hm, I'm also realizing that I don't think I've ever visited your blog before ... how shameful!! I'll pop in regularly from here on out! :-D

    Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about posting these late, Miss Melody. I used to, but I've decided to give up the habit because I usually post mine late as well. ;)

    Loved reading this! Ah! I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter, either!! Except when it comes to peanut butter cookies, then I like those. But when making PB&J, I make my sandwich with what my family calls an "essence of peanut butter."

    I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to answer your questions as well. Just because I can't resist. :D

    1. Egg nog (nonalcoholic, of course!!)
    2. Mountains. I've been to the ocean, and while I like it, it doesn't like me very much.
    3. Homemade hamburger vegetable soup.
    4. Actually, that's more of a common occurence in our house, though usually it's in the schoolroom or the dining room where they pop out. What do I do? Call for my brother to get some boards so we can block it off in a corner and then finish it off. No, truthfully, I'm really not scared of mice.
    5. Changes For Caroline (American Girl book) :)
    6. A conquering king who formally established the the nation of Hawaii and later had a hotel named after him. Okay, yes, I googled him.
    7. Tough question. Either God Bless Us Everyone as sung by Andrea Bocelli, or Ten Thousand Hallelujahs.
    8. Stuffing. End of story.
    9. Nope.
    10. I don't mind the general cleaning, dishes, laundry kind of stuff, but I detest cleaning bathrooms. For some odd reason, bleach makes my hands swell. :/
    11. I've heard of it, but never played it. I'm bad enough at regular frisbee that I'm not sure I want to try it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you move to England to work for BBC I am dropping by a bit randomly and saying, "Hello! Have you met David Tennant yet?" And then staying for tea and scones. Or is it Texting and Scones?

    How does raccoon taste? I live in the Wild West and still haven't had anything like that. I did have Bison once...and duck. (I thought the duck was rather dry and boring...goose isn't too bad though.)

    Thank you for the tag!

    Allons-y!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Melody! Greetings from a fellow "scribbler" (can it still be called scribbling if it's done on the computer?) and mustard-hater. :-P And you won't believe this, but I'm also not crazy about peanut butter, either (only if it's covered in chocolate).

    QUOTE: What is your main goal in writing?
    "To glorify God and hopefully bless others by the messages in the stories of all these characters who have invaded my life."

    You took the words right out of my keyboard! :-D

    And pizza quesadillas...*drool*
    Methinks I'll follow you--you sound like a very interesting person! :-)

    Thanks for the Award--I'll see about answering your questions on my blog before too long.

    God bless, and happy writing!
    ~"Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for awarding me, that's very sweet of you! Since my blog has more than 200 followers and I don't have a lot of time to do pass this one right now I'll just go ahead and answer you're very fun questions here. :)

    1. What is your favorite holiday tea (or drink)? - There's a Twinnings tea called Winter Spice "apple flavoured camomile tea spiced with cinnamon, cardamom and cloves". That's my favorite this time of year!
    2. Would you rather visit the mountains or the ocean? - the ocean probably but I like the mountains too. I lived not far from both in Maine, the best of both worlds!
    3. What is your favorite soup? - Hamburger stew, my grandmother's recipe. I also love vegetable soup.
    4. A mouse runs out from under a wall and across your bedroom. What do you do? - Probably screech a little but watch where it goes and try to trap it.
    5. What was the last book you read? - 'Christmas At Pemberley' by Regina Jeffers (it was just okay, had some questionable scenes in it). I'm currently reading 'Secret Garden'!
    6. King Kamehameha (the Great), who was he? - I really don't know but by his name he sort of sounds like an Egyptian Pharaoh. Now I'm super curious and will go look him up! ...Oh! I see, Hawaii!
    7. What is your favorite Christmas song? - My favorite used to be 'God Rest You Merry Gentlemen' but now I'm not sure. Maybe 'O Come O Come Emmanuel'.
    8. What is your favorite traditional Thanksgiving food? - Stuffing! I love the taste of homemade stuffing!
    9. Have you ever been in an airplane? - I've never actually been up in an airplane before. I have technically been in one because my homeschool group took a tour of a local airport once, but the plane was on the runway.
    10. Housecleaning, do you hate it, not mind it, or actually like it? - I don't mind it. I like vacuuming and washing dishes but hate cleaning toilets and dusting! haha
    11. Ever played Ultimate Frisbee? - No, but I have seen it played.

    Thanks again for tagging me, this was fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Melody! :D

    Haha, and your answers to these are so fun... XD I would to have a pet panther/cougar... :) A Siamese lion would be so cool. :D

    Yay for other languages! :D I love mixing languages. XD

    :P Mustard...

    LOL, okay, now I'm curious... around here Ultimate Frisbee is like the ultimate homeschool sport. That and volleyball. XD What do you play when you get together with people where you live?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really Sister a MOUSE!!!!!!!


    ButterflyBailey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.