Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas Time Is Here....

Vicki from Sunshine and Shadow tagged me with a Christmas tag a couple weeks ago.  Thank you, Vicki!  I know Christmas was days ago but at least the Christmas Season won't be over until January 6, so I'm not exactly late filling this out.  :)  (At least, that's what I tell myself.)

My family doesn't celebrate Christmas in the traditional way so I don't know how many of these will have interesting answers.

What's your favorite Christmas song?
Do You Hear What I Hear.

Who sings it the best?
Third Day, unquestionably.



Do you change your favorite Christmas song every year?
No.  It has been consistent for several years now.

What Christmas song do you hear the most?
Umm, I have to think about this one.  Probably This Is Christmas by Kutless.



Does your family mostly agree on what Christmas music to listen to or are you constantly changing the song?
Well, most of my family likes the same kind of Christmas music- contemporary Christian and a few Country artists' versions of traditional carols and their own songs (like Kutless's This is Christmas or Matthew West's One Last Christmas).  My Mom introduced us all to Mannheim Steamroller last year and they have become another family favorite.  I like all these too, but I also like artists such as Celtic Woman and classical Christmas music like Handel's Messiah.  So, I just listen to those songs on my own time.  :)

Who's your favorite Christmas movie side character?
Well, I've only seen two Christmas movies: Hallmark's The Christmas Card and A Princess For Christmas.  Hmm, favorite side character... Uncle Richard from The Christmas Card (he is hilarious).  Paisley Winterbottom and Mrs. Birch from A Princess for Christmas are also fantastic.

Besides George and Mary Bailey, who's your favorite character in It's A Wonderful Life?
I haven't seen this movie.

Do you like Santa Claus in Miracle On 34th Street?
Haven't seen this one either.  :)

Vera Ellen or Rosemary Clooney in White Christmas?
Or this one.  :)  :)

Bing Crosby or Danny Kaye?
Bing Crosby.

Besides "White Christmas" what is your favorite song from the movie?
Not having seen it, I haven't heard all the songs, so I don't know.

What's your favorite (or one of your favorite) lines from a Christmas movie?
"Good evening.  My name is Paisley Winterbottom."
A Princess For Christmas

"Really?  I thought butlers were extinct."
"Oh no, we've made a comeback."
A Princess For Christmas

Do you own a special ornament?
Umm, not that I can think of.

Did you break any ornaments this year?
No.  But since I didn't decorate a tree, there isn't much merit in that.  :)

What's the oldest ornament on your tree and where did it come from?
We don't decorate a tree.

Do you like pretty trees or fun trees better?
Pretty trees, though I usually enjoy fun trees.

Have you ever had a fake tree?
Years ago, when we lived with my grandmother for a while, she had a small fake tree she put up every year.

Green tree or a different color?
I love fresh green trees but white trees are gorgeous.  And the Victorians had some trees of other colors.

Who sweeps up the pine needles and waters the tree?
No one.  No tree to do it for!  :)

Have you made any Christmas crafts this year?
Not this year.

Does your family read a Christmas story every year?
Not really.  We do discuss Jesus' birth though.

If so, which one?
See above.

What do you do on Christmas Eve?
Well, this year, I stayed up late watching ABC's old show The Young Riders and some Doctor Who.

How many Christmas's do you usually have?
Er, one, sort of.

Marshmallows or whipped cream in our hot chocolate?
I have to choose just one?!  Well, whipped cream then, although either and especially both are delicious.

Do you like the flavor cinnamon or peppermint better?
Cinnamon.

Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Many times.  Last year was pretty brown, but this year there was a fair amount of snow.

Ice skating or driving around looking at Christmas lights?
Ice skating!!!

Do you like the blow-up Christmas decorations people put in their yards?
Uh, no.  Except to give me a good laugh.

What is something you are going to do new this year to celebrate?
Watch more Doctor Who!

Have you ever celebrated Hanukkah?
No, but I think it would be interesting to sometime.

How many people are you giving presents to this year?
A few, I don't remember the exact number at the moment.

What's your favorite kind of Christmas card to receive?
A personalized one.

Do you eat breakfast first or open presents first?
Well, this year we opened presents first while breakfast was in the oven.

Stockings first or last?
We don't do stockings.

What present do you REALLY want this year?
Well, worldwide peace on Earth would be marvelous.

Do you like a star on top of your tree or an angel?
Star.

Do you like the color red or green better?
Green, usually.

Silver or gold?
Gold!

On word to describe Christmas?
Sparkling!


My Christmas went well.  It also happens to be one of my younger brother's birthdays.  We celebrated that and then my mother surprised us- she had rented Chariots of Fire for us to watch!  My parents had seen it years ago, but none of us children had.  I LOVED it!!!!!!!!  It is now on my list of Top Ten favorite movies!

Since the Christmas Season is practically over, I'm not going to tag anyone.  If you see this tag and would like to do it, please do!  Next Christmas I'll come back to this and tag people then.  :)

Miss Melody Muffin

4 comments:

  1. I liked this a lot! If you can, you should watch "Its A Wonderful Life" it is SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I recommend The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey? It's based on a children's book, which the movie-makers fleshed out nicely. In a nutshell, it's about a bitter hermitish woodcarver and a young boy grieving for his father, and how they both found healing through the carving of a Nativity set. Good, clean fun for the whole family!

    God bless, and Happy New Year,
    ~"Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun tag!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Your post is up today! Again, thank you for doing it!

    http://missjacklewisbaillot.blogspot.com/2013/01/if-i-was-bathroom-where-would-i-be.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly,
    It is on my 'to watch' list. Someday I'll get around to seeing it. :)

    Tom,
    It sounds great! I'll have to look it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.