Monday, January 28, 2013

Grey Days to Glimmering Blog Party

Today is the last day of Kellie's Grey Days to Glimmering Blog Party!  Her tag is an excellent way for me to begin my return to blogging!



1) What's your favorite thing to do when you've been feeling uninspired?
Read.  And browse Pinterest, especially writing boards.

2) Tell us about a really great movie/show that you've just discovered.
The Lizzie Bennet Diaries on YouTube.  It does have a few bad language issues and nearly everything that comes out of Lydia's mouth is inappropriate by my standards, but I am loving them and can't wait for the next one to come out.  (I'll post a proper review on them sometime.)
First video here.

3) What do you like to do to change your mood?
Read.  And write.

4) Your favorite drink is currently...
Earl Grey tea with cream and sugar.  Coconut Chai, also with cream and sugar, is a very close second.

5) When you hear the word exuberant, what's the first word that comes to mind?
Lydia Bennet.  :)

6) What made you smile last?
A quote from one of Natasha's Pinterest boards:
'Normal around here is just a setting on the dryer.'
This is so spot-on for my family it isn't even funny.

7) What five songs would make a playlist to describe your week?
I'm not really sure but I'll give you the five songs I've listened to the most the last several days: The Parting Glass- The Kilkennys, Until Tomorrow- from the musical A Tale of Two Cities, Isle of Hope Isle of Tears- Celtic Woman, Written in the Stars- from the musical Aida and Defying Gravity- from the musical Wicked.  I'm also loving the song For Good, also from Wicked

8) What's at the top of your creative 'To-Do' list?
Now that I have straightened out some knots in the plot of The Land Beyond the Sunset, I'm hoping to put in several thousand words on it in the next few days.  If only the days were a few hours longer!

9) The last thing you crossed off the above list was...
To figure out how many ladies-in-waiting each queen in Esidaraq had.  Minor but necessary information.

10)  Quickly - the first movie quote from the top of your head, please!

"There's only one God ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that." Captain America- The Avengers

11)  The best thing about January is...

The beginning of a new year!  Two of my sisters' birthdays.  And the big dump of snow we had yesterday.

12) The worst thing about January is...

The intense cold we had for the first few weeks.  I hate below zero weather.

13) What's your #1 resolution for 2013?
To live life to its fullest and not look back too often.  "You will always be more sorry for the things you didn't do than the things you did do."

14)  And lastly, share a quote or verse that you've found especially inspiring lately.
A writing quote: "If I waited for perfection, I would never write a word." Margaret Atwood  (I really need to remember to act on this one!!)


Part of my absence from Blogger has been due to the fact that I've had a lot going on last week and this week.  Last week I spent three days at a friend's house, helping them out (she broke her arm).  Yesterday was the birthday of one of my sisters and tomorrow is another sister's birthday.  And my characters have been doing their best to demand my undivided attention- and then going rogue on me with problems that I have to fix before I can move on with the story.  Sigh.  How is it that we manage to adore our characters even when they are giving us fits?

I should be posting more this week.  Posts about characters, stories, movies and probably some books, too. 

Until next time, dear readers!!

Miss Melody Muffin

2 comments:

  1. I'm here from Kellie's party...

    Those small but necessary things sometimes take the longest to figure out, and stall the story! So it's good that you have it figured out. :-)
    Tea with cream, hmmm... I just go with milk, but cream must be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. QUOTE: "And my characters have been doing their best to demand my undivided attention- and then going rogue on me with problems that I have to fix before I can move on with the story."

    I feel your--well, not pain--frustration, perhaps. When I'm not writing, my characters all seem alive and real in my head...then I go to write about them, and they seem flat and blah. AURGH! And then there are the ones with bad tempers that glare and yell at you for not writing their stories yesterday...!

    QUOTE: "Sigh. How is it that we manage to adore our characters even when they are giving us fits?"

    Perhaps because, in a way, our characters are like our children--and every good parent loves their children deep down inside, even when they're being skronky.* :-P

    Happy writing, and best wishes on gathering your necessary information!

    God bless,
    ~"Wild Rose"~

    * Skronky = Difficult, uncooperative, a hassle.
    ~Tom's Dictionary of Whacked-out Terms and Old Family Sayings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.