Thursday, February 7, 2013

Period Drama Challenge!

Old-Fashioned Charm


Miss Laurie over at Old-Fashioned Charm is hosting a period drama watching challenge!  I've been intending to enter and post about it since she first announced it but somehow this post kept being pushed further down on the 'drafts to publish' list.

I'm choosing to enter the Period Drama Fanatic level.  That means I need to watch and then review 12-15 period dramas between now and July 7th.  Well, actually only 10-13 since I saw two in January.  (Reviews coming soon!)

This also fits in with my challenge to myself this year to see every JA adaptation since 1980 which I haven't yet seen.  (With one or two exceptions like Mansfield Park 1999.)  Not all of the movies I watch for the challenge will be JA adaptions but probably a fair amount will be.

Miss Laurie is also posting a monthly tag for participants to answer.  Here are the January tag questions.

1. What period dramas have you watched in January?
Mansfield Park 2007 and Persuasion 2007.

2. Do you prefer period dramas peppered with humor or laced with dark emotions?
Hmm.  I enjoy humor- especially British humor- but I'll always be a Drama Queen at heart.  I love passionate dramas laced with many levels of emotion and plenty of dramatic events, so 'laced with dark emotions' wins for me.

3. What was the first period drama miniseries (two episodes or longer) that you ever watched?
Pride and Prejudice 1995.  In my opinion, one of the best introductions to period drama a person can ever have!

4. How many Jane Austen adaptations have you seen?
Let me think... eight, I believe.  (P&P 95, S&S 95, S&S 08, Persuasion 07, MP 83, MP 07, NA 07, Emma 09)

5. What period drama, that you haven't seen before, are you most looking forward to seeing in the future?
The new Les Miserables!!!!!

Look for my reviews in the next couple weeks.  I am looking forward to participating in this fun with my fellow period drama fans!

Miss Melody Muffin

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, you need to see Persuasion 1995-- I love that one! I like the 2007 version, too, but 1995 is my favorite. SO. GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun. I will be looking forward to seeing what you review I love that era!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.