Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday Movie Quote: Good Morning

Linking up with Little Lady's Monday Movie Quote!

I've been watching The Hobbit, and loving it!  It is FANTASTIC!!!  This is one of my favorite scenes:

Bilbo Baggins: Good morning.
Gandalf: What do you mean?  Do you wish me a good morning, or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not?  Or perhaps you mean to say that you feel good this particular morning?  Or are you simply stating that it is a morning to be good on?
Bilbo: All of them at once, I suppose.
(Pause)
Bilbo: Can I help you?
Gandalf: That remains to be seen.  I'm looking for someone to share in an adventure.
Bilbo: An adventure?  Now I don't imagine anyone west of Bree would have much interest in adventures.  Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things.  Make you late for dinner.  Good morning!
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey


silverscreenangels


Miss Melody Muffin

8 comments:

  1. Haha! I love that scene! My brother and I quote that almost daily.... along with:

    Gandalf: You know my name, although you don't remember I belong to it. I'm Gandalf... and Gandalf means... me.

    Bilbo: Not Gandalf the wandering wizard who made such excellent fireworks? Old Took used to have them on Midsummer's Eve. No idea you were still in business.

    Gandalf: And where else should I be?

    Bilbo: (points distractedly off and flusters around for a bit) *ahem*

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This link-up is always a fun thing. :) Glad Micah started it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "To think that I should live to be 'good-morninged' by Belladonna Took's son!"

    Yeah, possibly one of the funniest lines in the whole story! I'm glad most of it made it into the movie. :-)

    God bless,
    ~"Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a great quote! :D Thanks for sharing. Seems funny that as badly as I'd like to see this movie, I still haven't. I have no idea why. Must remedy that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love LOOOOVE loooove The Hobbit!!! I cannot wait to buy it!!!!!!

    Also, I tagged you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up girl!!! :) See you around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this scene and the whole movie...except for the scenes with Gollum. I refuse to watch those he makes me so mad.
    ButterflyBailey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiri,
    Yes! I love that quote, too!! (Truth be told, I love just about every quote from that movie! :D)

    Rissi,
    It is indeed!

    Tom,
    So am I! I wondered how much of the book's humor Jackson would keep in the movie and I was very pleased with how much he retained.

    Kara,
    I highly recommend it. I LOVED it.

    Little Lady,
    Thanks for the link-up!

    Butterfly,
    I felt sorry for Gollum in his scenes in this movie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.