Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Period Drama Tag Questions: February and March

It's time for the monthly Period Drama Challenge tag!  The Challenge can be found HERE, if you want to join in.  Since I didn't answer February's tag last month, I'm going to do that one too.

I only saw one period drama in March.  ):  And even more unfortunately, haven't finished and posted any of my reviews.  *hangs head*  They are coming, I promise!!!

February's Tag Questions:
1. What period dramas have you watched in February?
I saw Ivanhoe 1982.  Prepare yourselves for a very opinionated review on that when it comes.  Ivanhoe is one of my top three favorite books and let's just say I was disappointed by the movie (which is putting it mildly).

2. How many Charles Dickens adaptations have you seen?
None.  Mainly because I've only read two Dickens books so far (and am partway through a third).  Shocking isn't it?  Especially for a person who professes to be a huge classic literature geek.  *shrug*  Dickens just isn't my favorite author and his books sometimes take a little while to get into.  I may like him better at the end of the year though, after I read the 5 Dickens novels I've set myself for the year.

3. Do you prefer heroes that are spotless wealthy gentlemen or gritty hardworking men?
A little bit of both, please.

4. Do you tend to prefer heroines that are sweet and gentle or adventurous and spunky?
Adventurous and spunky.  Which may or may not have anything to do with me being that way myself.  :)

5. Do you enjoy listening to period drama soundtracks? Do you own any?
I do enjoy listening to them now and then.  I don't own any.


March's Tag Questions:
1. What period dramas have you watched in March?
One: The Railway Children 2000

2. How many adaptations of Jane Eyre have you seen? Do you have a favorite?
None so far.  So I can't have a favorite.

3. Do you prefer period drama villains who are cleverly cunning or downright diabolical?
In period drama, I prefer clever and cunning.  However, I like my fantasy villains downright diabolical.

4. How often does watching a period drama make you want to read the book it's based on?
Every single time, so far.

5. What older period drama would you like to see a remake of?
Mansfield Park 1983.  With Jessica Brown-Findlay as Fanny and Eddie Redmayne as Edmund.  *sigh*  Wouldn't it be superb?!


Miss Melody Muffin

2 comments:

  1. I have no clue what Mansfield Park is about, but if they make into into a movie with Eddie Redmayne in it, I would watch it!!

    Trust me, if you were to watch Dragonheart you'd fall in love with it. Brilliant movie.

    You need to come here, or I there, so we can watch movies together. I have a huge list I think you'd like, and you seem to have a huge list I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge lit lover, got a minor in it and everything, and Desmond Hume is even one of my favorite Lost characters, but... I don't like Dickens much either. Except A Tale of Two Cities, I love that one. Most of the others are too heavy-handed for my taste. Yet I keep reading them now and then, hoping either they or I will change, hee.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.