Monday, April 1, 2013

Po-ta-toes

Today I'm linking up with Little Lady's Monday Movie Quote.

I've been watching Lord of the Rings lately, so my head is chock full of LOTR quotes.  I watched The Two Towers with my parents last night (it was the first time they'd seen it; I lost count of what number time it was for me :D) and tonight I'm going to introduce some of my sisters to The Fellowship of the Ring.  And very soon I'll get to see the Hobbit!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm insanely excited about seeing that (and Les Miserables).

This scene in the Two Towers never fails to set me laughing:

Smeagol/Gollum: What's it doing?!  Stupid fat hobbit!  He ruins it!
Samwise Gamgee: What's to ruin?  There's hardly any meat on them.  What we need is a few good taters.
Smeagol: What's 'taters', Precious?  What's 'taters', eh?
Sam: Po-ta-toes?!  Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.  Lovely big golden chips with a nice piece of fried fish.  Even you couldn't say no to that.
Smeagol: Oh yes we could!  Spoiling nice fish!  Give it to us raw and wriggling.  You keep nassty chips.
Sam: Oh, you're hopeless!


Go here to join in the fun!




Miss Melody Muffin

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! One of my favorite quotes from TTT! "Po-tay-toes!" has become a catchphrase at our place--and you should hear my brother's Gollum voice!

    God bless, and thanks for the chuckle!
    ~"Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS SCENE! I think my family may be in danger of quoting Gollum, Sam, and just LOTR in general way too much, oh, yes, my precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lit just quoted this TODAY!!!!! Thanks for joining my non-functional link up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these movies!!!! This is the only Gollum scene that I like and I just love Sam. The bad guys are about the only ones that I don't like:)
    ButterflyBailey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.