Wednesday, May 22, 2013

One Year

Hello readers!!!

First of all, thank you all so much for your birthday wishes a few days ago.  It made my birthday that much more special.

Secondly, hello to my new followers!!!  Thank you for following!  Welcome to my blog and I hope you enjoy reading it.

Third: the title of today's post.

You see, it has been one year since I started blogging.  One year ago today, I posted for the first time.  In that year I have met so many wonderful people- people I now cannot imagine life without.  People who have become friends.  You've all blessed me so much and been a huge encouragement in my life, especially in my writing.

For today, I will share the story of how and why I decided to start blogging.

It began in February 2012.  Some of my younger sisters were considering starting a blog together (it fell through and they didn't do it) and they kept tell me I should start blogging, too.  At the time, I thought, "What on earth for????  What would I write about?   Who would read it?"

Fast forward to April 2012.  I had done a Scarlet Pimpernel related Google image search one day (I don't remember the exact search term) and one of the images that came up was from a blog called Of Trims and Frills and Furbelows.  Curious, I clicked through to it and started reading.  Five minutes in, I was thinking, "OH MY GOODNESS!!  There are other girls out there who are like me!!  Girls just as crazy about the Scarlet Pimernel and period dramas and writing."  From Alexandra's sidebar I also visited Amy's blog, Maria's blog and Anne-girl's blog.

In discovering the aforementioned blogs, I also discovered link-ups and challenges for young writers just like me.  I was on Cloud Nine.  I suddenly wanted to join in on all the fun.

And that is when I made my blog and spent a few weeks with my Mom helping me choose design elements and figure out the ins and outs of Blogger.  And on May 22, 2012 I published it.

It has been an awesome journey.  I've gotten into things I wouldn't have, like Les Miserables: The Musical, Doctor Who and KDramas; participated in some inspiring, challenging writing events; beta-read some amazing books, and most importantly, met some terrific people who I'm thrilled to call friends.

Looking back now, I am very happy I took the leap and did something I ordinarily wouldn't have.  It has been a wonderful adventure and I'm eagerly looking forward to this next year. 

Thank you all for making it a memorable journey.

From the bottom of my heart,

Miss Melody Muffin

13 comments:

  1. I am glad you started blogging because I got to meet you that way and I like you lots!!

    And, since you like Doctor Who, have you seen Clara yet? Do you like her.

    Oh, Happy Late Birthday! I hope it was a fun birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo! CONGRATS on one year, Melody. That's awesome - and happy (belated) birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday and happy Blogoversary! God bless! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogging Anniversary! I hope you keep blogging for a long time to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only a year???
    Yes, from this end of things (that would be 'The Mom Perspective') it seems like twice as long!
    Congratulations, M'Dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Melody!! And a very happy first birthday to Splendor Falls!! I can't imagine the world of blogger without your wonderful posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happeh Anniversary, m'dear. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on blogging for a whole year! I didn't realize how new you were to blogging when I first clicked though on the "Actually Finishing something" link-up. Ah ... pleasant memories. May you have many more years of successful blogging (and writing) to come.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary...and SO glad you joined the blogsphere! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Miss Melody Muffin ~ congratulations! You left me a very nice comment a while back - and gave me a tag, no less - and I am quite ashamed of myself for taking so long to answer. You have a lovely blog, and I have enjoyed stopping by to visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. John,
    Aww, thank you!! I like you, too.

    I have seen Clara and I like her.

    Thank you! I had a great birthday.

    Rissi,
    Thank you very much!

    Hilda,
    Thank you!!

    Molly,
    Thanks!! I plan to be around Blogger for quite a while yet.

    Mom,
    Heehee! Thanks!

    Kiri Liz,
    Many thanks! I do wish I had time to post more....

    Treskie,
    Thank you!!

    Kendra,
    Thank you, Kendra!

    Alexandra,
    Thank you! So am I!

    Mahri,
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. and a bit late, but Happy Anniversary! XD I'm sooo glad you started blogging and it's been so very fun getting to know you! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.