Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tags: Part One

Whew!!  This week and next week, I'm going to be catching up.  Catching up on reading and commenting on other people's blogs, and answering all the great comments you lovely people left on my blog over the last few months.  Also, catching up on all my accumulated tags.  (I have a LOT to catch up on, yes?)

This is my first of at least four tags posts over the next couple weeks.  I'm terribly sorry I've let so many tags accumulate.  I really, truly do love being tagged and answering all the questions and then thinking up other questions and tagging people.

Back in October, Kiri Liz of Lianne Taimenlore tagged me with a Getting To Know You/ Just Because tag.

Rules:
1. Answer the questions.
2. If you wouldn't mind mentioning my blog, The Golden Road, and the person who tagged you, that would be lovely.  This tag was created by Rose M. at The Golden Road, and I was tagged by Kiri Liz of Lianne Taimenlore.
3. Tag 5 to 10 people and let them know you tagged them.

The questions:
1. Coffee or Tea?
Tea.  Every time.  I like a cappuchino now and then but straight coffee- blech.

2. You win a thousand dollars!  What would be something fun that you do with it?
Buy almost every book and movie I really badly want?  Oooh, actually I'd go on a road trip to visit all my blogging friends.  :)

3. You're given the opportunity for a lead part in a play.  Would you take it?
Oh my stars, YES!!!

4. Would you rather sing, play an instrument or listen?
Probably listen, although I do love to sing, and someday I'll actually learn piano....

5. Are you more of a chit-chat person ?  Or sporty?
Well, much of the time I would rather sit and talk than run around.  But I do love a good game of kickball or badminton or Ultimate Frisbee.

6. Did you ever have an unrealistic dream as a child?  If so, what was it?
To become a horse racing jockey.  Seriously.  It lasted from the time I was 9 until I was about 13.

7. Have you fulfilled any of the dreams you had as a child?  If so, what were they?
Yes.  Having my own horse.

8. What's that one place in the world that you've always wanted to visit?
Just about everywhere?  Seriously, I yearn to travel all over the world.  At the very top of my list, though, are Italy and England.

9. What book character do you always find yourself imitating?
Um, what character don't I imitate?  It's that ingrained actress in me.  If I had to pick one though, probably Eowyn of Lord of the Rings.

10. What's your favorite season?  Why?
Spring.  For multiple reasons: it's the time of year when everything comes alive, there are lots of baby animals around, and my birthday is in May.

11. What are some of your favorite blogs to read?
There are too many to list here!  Check out my sidebar for the list.

12. How long have you been blogging?
Since May 22, 2012.

Questions for the tagees: (The same 12 questions I answered, which I have repeated here for your convenience.)
1. Coffee or Tea?
2. You win a thousand dollars!  What would be something fun that you do with it?
3. You're given the opportunity for the lead part in a play.  Would you take it?
4. Would you rather sing, play an instrument or listen?
5. Are you more of a chit-chat person?  Or sporty?
6. Did you ever have an unrealistic dream as a child?  If so, what was it?
7. Have you fulfilled any of the dreams you had as a child?  If so, what were they?
8. What's the one place in the world that you've always wanted to visit?
9. What book character do you always find yourself imitating?
10. What's your favorite season?  Why?
11. What are some of your favorite blogs to read?
12. How long have you been blogging?

I tag:
Ella
Mrs. Darcy
And a delightful family of girls I'm just getting to know in the blogging world:
Mahri
Katrina
Amy
Treskie
Bella

Tag #2:
Jack had done a tag (back in October, I think) and then tagged anyone who wanted to answer and since her questions were so much fun, I elected to do the tag.  (And yes, it has been sitting in draft all these months.)  I'm just answering her questions, not tagging anyone else.

1. If you spent a week with Sherlock would you want to punch him by the end of it?
I might?  I'm not really sure.  :)

2. Is your name Rick?
No.

3. Do you get what that was from, because I didn't for a long time?
Uhh, no I don't.

4. Have you ever turned your mum into a bear?
No.  Nor ever wanted to actually.

5. Have you ever sailed on the Jammy Dodger?
Don't I wish!!

6. When you met Hook did you ask to shake his hand?
Heehee, no.  What a missed opportunity!

7. Would you wear a fez?
No, I don't think so.  :)  Although it might come in handy as a disguise sometime.  It would be so out of character for me, no one would dream it was me.  (*eyes light up with new idea*)

8. You met a man named John Smith, what do you do?
Start shadowing him.  If he isn't the Doctor, then chances are he is still a suspicious character.

9. Are you a spy?
*mysterious voice* Oh yes.  Certainly.

10. Do you have to kill me now that I know?
No.  But I may have to abduct you and brainwash you into being on my team of highly trained, diplomatic spies.

11. Are you rude and not ginger?
I have been known to be rude on occasion, though I'm usually just sarcastic.  And most definitely not ginger.


Tag #3:
Also in October, Kiri tagged me with an elevensies tag.

Rules:
- If you are tagged/nominated, you must post eleven facts about yourself.
- Then, you must answer the eleven questions the tagger has given you and make eleven questions for the people you are going to tag.
- Next, tag eleven more bloggers.
- Tell the people you tagged that you have tagged them.
- No tagging back.

Facts about myself:
1. It is a truth universally acknowledged that it is always harder to think of random facts about oneself when one is doing a tag, than at any other time.
2. I'm trying to grow my hair down to my hips.
3. Since it was just trimmed a couple weeks ago, it currently hangs to the middle of my back.
4. My favorite rodeo event to watch is team roping.
5. My horse thinks rabbits running around in their pen is a most curious site.
6. I love to climb trees.
7. Mozzarella cheese is my favorite cheese.  I credit my Italian heritage.
8. I was taught that if you cannot pronounce an ingredient on a food label, you should not be eating that food.  (I mostly follow that rule.)
9. I am known for rather odd cooking experiments, like putting cinnamon in farina.
10. Fresh mint leaves in water is wonderful on a hot summer afternoon.
11. I detest tucking in tails on knitted and crocheted projects.

Kiri's questions:
1. What is your third favorite color?
Teal.


2. If you could rewrite any scene from any book, which one would it be and why?
In C.S. Lewis' The Final Battle I would have made Susan come back to Narnia.  Mostly because she is my favorite character, and though I understand allegorically (is that a word?) why Lewis did it, I don't like it one bit.



3. Would you rather live in a old palace, a cottage in the woods, a pirate ship, or a underground burrow?


An old palace, most definitely.  Though a pirate ship would be cool- for a while.  Until I couldn't handle the mess or the smells.

4. How do you pronounce the word "often?" Off-ten? Or Off-fen?


Off-fen

5. What is your favorite holiday film?
The Christmas Card.  Yeah, it's cheesy and corny and warm-fuzzy-feeling, but holiday movies are supposed to be like that!  A Princess For Christmas is a close runner-up.


6. If you had a book (any book including a cookbook or a research book) published, what would be featured on the cover?


A castle or a horse, probably.

7. Where would your dream home be located?


In Italy. Or England.

8. If there was no such thing as tea or coffee in this world, what hot drink(s) would you consume?


No tea??!  *Gasp!*  Hot Chocolate or cider.

9. What one song describes your life/day/mood?
My mood at the moment:
There's A Place For Us–Carrie Underwood



10. Peanut butter cookies, snickerdoodles, or gingerbread men?


Since I don't like peanut butter, nor am I particularly fond of snickerdodles; gingerbread men.

11. What is something you absolutely love right now?
KDRAMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My questions for my tagees:
1. Have you ever ridden in a tractor?  Or driven one?
2. Have you ridden a motorcycle?
3. What is your favorite national park?
4. Who is your favorite Contemporary Christian Music artist?
5. Mexican, Italian or Chinese food?
6. Favorite type of cookie?
7. Favorite fast food place to eat?
8. Do you have a green thumb?
9. Do you prefer to write or type in a chair or at a desk?
10. How many states have you visited?
11. What international capital city would you most like to see?

I tag:
Eowyn
Kendra
John Boswell
Eva
Hayden
Kellie
Charity U
Natasha
Miss Elizabeth
Rose M
The Mad Elvish Poet

And anyone I haven't tagged who would like to fill out these questions, feel free!  I'd love to see your answers!

Miss Melody Muffin

7 comments:

  1. I guess I didn't realize that I pass a lot of my tags onto you, Melody. Sorry! You're just usually one of the first people I think of because I love your blog so much. If ever you feel that I'm passing too much, just ignore it. I'm not offended. ;)

    I hope you don't mind if I answer your questions here, just because i can't resist.

    1. Ridden, yes. Driven, no. We had a tractor when I was about 8, so I wasn't allowed to drive it, but I managed to get quite a few rides out of my dad.

    2. Nope. Not terribly fond of them, personally.

    3. Don't think I have a favorite, mostly because I haven't been anywhere. Take that back: I've been to Sleeping Bear Dunes. So, yeah, that.

    4. My family doesn't listen to CCM, and I don't think I would know any of their names. All the actors in LOTR I can spout off, but singers? Whoosh! Right over my head! :)

    5. Italian... but only because I love pizza and lasagna and garlic bread. Mexican would be a close second, but I'm not overly fond of Chinese, mainly because of my soy allergy.

    6. Gingerbread!!!

    7. Subway... that's the only place I *can* eat out. Don't ever get allergies... they're a pain.

    8. Not really. Vegetable gardening is something I do because I have to, but I kill flowers. Sometimes intentionally.

    9. I don't have a desk of my own to use, but I usually do most of my writing in bed. Hmm... so, how to answer this question?

    10. 18, I think. All on the east coast.

    11. London

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have some theories regarding Susan, and I've written fanfiction about it ... if you'd like, I'll send you the link to my story ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, you've met the sisters!!! Aren't they such a wonderful family? They always leave sweet comments on my posts and are such fun to talk to.

    The thing about Rick...it is a question everyone asks singer Adam Young for some reason. I don't know where it came from, but every now and then I cannot resist the urge to ask it of others.

    I'm ready to report for spy training whenever you're ready.

    I don't like horror books either. I like some stories that are a little scary, but more if it is suspense instead of terror.

    The quote on my title was from the first Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr.

    I did hear of the Ender's Game movie. I heard of the book when everyone was comparing it to The Hunger Games but am starting to wonder if it is anything like that book. I picked it up finally to give it a try. (And I saw the Ender's Game preview. The movie looks REALLY cool so I put it on my to be watched list, which means I want to read the book first.)
    I might have squealed a little when I found out Asa Butterfield is going to be in it. I really liked him in Hugo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of tags, but they all looked like fun ones.
    I am like you, I like tea over coffee. I make my own chi tea which I really like.

    Someone gave my brothers a motorcycle, a small one, and they gave it to me. I'm too chicken to go on an interstate, but I don't think I'll mind riding it through town. I've ridden in the mountains before and didn't mind that too much, except when I crashed.

    That is very exciting you won second place on your writing in the contest! What was the story about that you entered?

    I used to read a lot of historical fiction books but after awhile the ones I found all began to sound alike. I keep looking for new, interesting ones though. My mom usually always finds good ones and she'll pass them on to me. Do you have some favorite historical fiction books?

    I read many of the same kinds of book genres that you do. I read science fiction, I love mysteries and have been reading Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys, I like biographies and am reading one on King Tut and Howard Carter which I'm really enjoying. I love adventure stories. I'm kind of like my mom and read almost everything I can get my hands on - almost. There are many books I avoid all together. I tend to stay away from adult books because I never know what kinds of things they will have in them. I do read one series of adult books called the Amelia Peabody series which has been a fun series so far.

    Well, when you do publish you can be assured I at least will buy your book. It sounds like one I'd really enjoy.

    I write adventure books. It is a series about a brother and a sister, the brother of which is an Archaeologist. And I should work more on my pitch...

    Yes, I agree with you about horse back riding. I go with my cousin sometimes and it is a lot of fun. I love the feeling of galloping around a field.

    And I think I should close out this comment now. I really should be getting to bed soon as it is very late here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I"d already followed you. Apparently I was wrong. HEHEHE YOU GOT OUR NAMES IN THE RIGHT ORDER OF AGE! YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiri,
    Please don't be sorry! I do love doing tags, I just fell way behind on them. Aww, thank you! I love your blog, too!

    Italian is my pick, too. And Subway food is delicious.

    Kendra,
    Yes, please! I'd love to read it.

    Treskie,
    Thanks for the follow!

    Really?! I have all your names in the correct order?! Cool! I guessed yours and Bella's positions but the other three I just put in random order.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi there! I saw my friend Treskie's vlog and she mentioned your blog, so I thought I'd come and check it out. I love the header! And I enjoyed reading your answers to the tags. very interesting.

    If you want to check out my blog here is the link: http://hildald.blogspot.com/

    Have a great week! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.