Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Interview With the Locksley Twins!

Today is the birthday of Robert and Robin of Locksley from Sew, It's a Quest, written by Kendra E. Ardnek.  They graciously agreed to an interview in honor of the day.

These questions were asked by my younger siblings and my mother- all of whom have read and enjoyed Sew.

The time period for these questions and answers is the end of Sew.

FOR ROBIN:
Do you like to look at the stars?
Uhh ... I guess so. They're pretty.
 
Was the Quest to find your fairy godmother fun?

It was way more fun than sitting around waiting for some prince to finally beat me. (Not as though it was ever going to happen ...)

Did you ever play with paper dolls?
Paper dolls ... no. I got paper cuts. Thank-you very much.

Have you ever jumped into a waterfall?
No. But it's a good idea. I think I'll add it to my list ...

Do you wear earrings?
I did. If you'll remember from chapter one, it states,

The heavy sapphire earrings were what really bugged her, but they couldn’t be helped. - Sew, It's a Quest.

But then earrings are never mentioned again in the rest of the book! That's because I "neglected" to pack any, and thus my holes have grown together, thanks to neglect. I'm sure that mother won't be happy when I get back, but I don't care. Poking holes in women's ears is a barbaric practice.


If so, do they get in your way when you are swordfighting?

They did. They also had a bad habit of becoming infected, which was painful.

Now, don't get me wrong. Jewelry is nice and all that, but in moderation, and not stuck in holes that have no business being in a girl's ear!!!


FOR ROBERT:
How far can you shoot an arrow?
Over three hundred yards with the longbow.

(Robin: You should have seen Kendra scrambling all over the internet to find out how far a medieval archer could realistically shoot!)

Do you like target practice with your bow and arrows?
Oh, definitely. Almost as much as embroidery.

How many waterfalls did you see on your Quest?
Two. After rainstorms.

Do you prefer silk or cotton thread for embroidery?
I prefer silk, but am not beyond using cotton when necessary. I've also used woolen thread, which was interesting.


Thank you very much Robin and Robert!!

Head over to Kendra's blog today to join in the birthday party fun!!  There is a lot of information about the world of Bookania, a fun game and even a hairstyle tutorial.


Miss Melody Muffin

4 comments:

  1. How fun! :) I find myself agreeing with the barbarism of poking holes in ears... XD which is funny because I do love earrings.
    And something about Robert liking target practice almost as much as embroidery made me laugh. XD I am intrigued. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well met, friends!! It's been so long since I read Sew that I'd forgotten the mention of Robin's earnings. I can well imagine, though, the delight with which those earings were 'forgotten' when the packing took place! And I must admire Robert for preferring silk thread. It's so smooth and....well....silky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I saw below you posted The Hobbit trailer. I watched it the other day and almost fainted from pure glee. Doubly so when they showed Sherlock- er, Smaug. I kind of forgot how to breath a moment there. EPP!!! I cannot wait to see it!! And to see Legolas again *Grin*

    And now, moving on.

    Robin and Robert are both so much fun. I loved their book! And the interview. (Hadn't ever thought to look up to see how far a middle ages arrow flies...)

    Also, thank you for the cookie. *Nibbles.* Cookies are always helpful.

    I shall add your list to the interviews! I won't be around this weekend so if I don't contact you by the middle of next week you might have to send me an email to remind me. I've been known to forget things too easily.

    Great to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absoloutly loved Sew and I read Take yesterday and loved it. Can't wait for the next book to come out. Good Job Kendra.
    ButterflyBailey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.