Saturday, July 27, 2013

Actually Finishing Something In July Part 4

And once again, here it is at the very end of the week and I'm just now posting my answers to the tag.  *headdesk*


Week Four Questions:
How goes progress?
Not too bad, not too good.  I've made the usual and needed amount of progress on Betrayal, but haven't been able to catch up on The Land Beyond the Sunset.  ):  Life has just kept me too busy.

Snippet-time! Share a snip or two from your weekly writing.
The Land Beyond the Sunset: (Featuring a new character that just appeared several days ago.)
Then he had an idea.  A bowl of orange grapes sat directly in front of him.  Cautiously, Jothadon picked one up and glanced up and down the table.  Everyone was absorbed in eating and in various quiet conversations.  He brought his hand up a few inches above his plate and carefully threw the grape at his older brother.

It missed.

And hit Aunt Verrisa squarely on the chest.


Betrayal
Irati shifted her stance, "A year after Konrad's disappearance he could finally think of himself."

"He came to stay with Estebe," Sendoa explained.  "He spent eight months with us.  He recovered his spirits, but the scars of that betrayal remain."

"They always do," I said quietly.


Do you have a Pinterest inspiration board, or other collection of images, that inspire your story? If so, share one or two of them with us.
This is the Pinterest storyboard for the whole Quara series: http://pinterest.com/melodymuffin/quara-storyboard/

How would the main character of your story react if he or she were introduced to you?
The Land Beyond the Sunset:
Timotheus would be very charming.  Ariana would be very courteous and correct in her manners.

Introduce us to one or two of the secondary characters in your story.
The Land Beyond the Sunset
Aunt Verrisa is the sister of the Royal Family's father (the former High King).  She is a widow now and has no children.  She has always been of the opinion that when the former High King and High Queen died she should have been made guardian of the 14 children.  She always addresses the children by all four of their names.  (Each child has one first name and three middle names.  It can be quite confusing.)

If one of your characters (you choose who) were allowed to choose a super-power, which power would he or she most desire?
The Land Beyond the Sunset:
Timotheus: he would be able to fly.

We're nearing the end of this summer challenge! Is the completion of your goal in sight?
For Betrayal, yes. 

Unfortunately, I'm not going to reach my goal on The Land Beyond the Sunset, but I have accomplished a lot of development and outlining on it that should make the rest of the story even easier to write.


Miss Melody Muffin

4 comments:

  1. lol, that first snippet... XD I liketh.

    and ow in the second...that last line hurts.

    Hee, though, yay, another author with a name obsession. XD My poor characters get names and nicknames and new names and...I try to keep it down, but I think a few have still gotten to four names - at least in your case I see how it would make sense. My characters never make sense to me. XD lol, though, did you have a hard time coming up with 56 names? O.o

    Ack, life, whyyyy...someday I'm gonna invent a time-freeze device and actually get something done with my life. :P My personal goals have until August 15 or so...I reeeaaaaaaallly want to finish my time travel story by then. Stories have a mind of their own, though, don't they? :P But like you said, development and outlining will definitely be helpful. :) And congratulations on keeping up with Betrayal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun writing the scene the first snippet came from.

    Names!!!!! I can spend hours browsing name websites or books. Yay, someone else whose characters have names and nicknames and more names!!! Sometimes I just look at the characters and think, "All this name confusion is your fault, not mine!" And they just LOOK at me with raised eyebrows. :)

    I will be first in line to buy your time-freeze device. :D Then I shall celebrate the purchase of the device by eating ice cream.

    *looking forward to CTTT*

    *sigh* Stories certainly do have a mind of their own. Which is why this is the THIRD time I'm rewriting The Land Beyond the Sunset. I want to finish it by the end of August... but we'll see....

    Thank you, Kate!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At one time (i.e. before the Change) it was fashionable in Bookanian royalty to give your children no fewer than four names, and they would answer to any one of those names. I haven't pulled that stunt yet ... but both Shira and Rosamond answer to Aurora.

    Good work on both projects! Any progress is good progress, and you've only intrigued me all the more for Quara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHH can't wait to here what happens to Jothadon!!! LOVE some of those hats. And LOVE your new background.
    ButterflyBailey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.