Thursday, August 15, 2013

Guest Cover Reveal!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, readers!  I'm back, for a little while at least.  :D  I know I haven't been around much at all lately, but there are good reasons for it, which I shall explain in a future post.  But not today. 

Today, there is something else going on.  Something very cool and exciting.

My good friend Kendra E. Ardnek is publishing another book!!!!!!  Very soon.  September 5th to be exact.  She invited some of us to take part in the cover reveal.  I happily agreed, but I'm going to make all of you wait until the end of the post for the cover picture.  Muahaha.  :D

So, first you shall be treated to all of the other information you need about the book....

First of all, the story synopsis:
Fifteen-year-old Jen can't remember her imagination. She knows she had one once, though, and honestly, she'd like it back. It's been eight years. One day she finds a young boy who claims to be one of her imaginary friends and that her imaginary world is being eaten by a hydra-like monster called the Polystoikhedron. He helps her find the Ankulen, a special bracelet that had given the ability to bring her imagination to life and together they embark on a quest to find friendship, healing, and perhaps even some family.


The goodreads link:  http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18331720-the-ankulen


Kendra graciously allowed us to ask her a few questions about the book:
Is there any particular reason the gem on the Ankulen is purple-pink? (Does the color have a special meaning?)
Nope, no reason other than the fact that I like the color and I think it looks good with gold. (And it's three gems now, as you can see on the cover.) Gems on Ankulens can come in any color. My own, which is a ring, is purple.

How did you come up with the name Polystoikhedron?  (It sounds very Greek.)
I, truth be told, didn't come up with the name. It was my mom. During the plotting stages the name was evading me, so I asked her for help, and she came up with Polystoikhydra. Once she explained her reasoning (poly means many, stoics are well ... stoic, and the hydra is a manyheaded beast in Greek mythology. Points for you there, Miss Melody!), I decided to change the hydra to hedron (which means faces) because this monster didn't have multiple hydras. It had multiple heads. Which were all very stoic.



And, on September 6th there will be a party at her blog to celebrate the release of the book.  She has all kinds of fun things planned!   Head over to THIS POST and check out what will be going on.


More about Kendra:

Kendra E. Ardnek  is the eldest daughter in a homeschooling family of four. She has been making up stories since an early age and published her first book, Sew, It's a Quest, when she was sixteen.
When she isn't writing, she's usually knitting, crocheting,  making swords out of paint-stir sticks, or looking up random facts. You can follow her writing adventures on her blog, Knittedbygodsplan.blogspot.com.



Aaaaaand, finally the delightful cover:


I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I have!!  Mark your calendars, this is a great book to read!


Miss Melody Muffin

2 comments:

  1. I'm one of her beta readers, and I've been loving it! It is so much fun and a great story. And I love the cover too, she did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.