Sunday, October 6, 2013

Over The Hills

DAY SIX ~ A SONG THAT REMINDS YOU OF SOMEWHERE

I had to put quite a bit of thought into answering this one.  I was almost ready to do a different song but when I went out to feed our horses, I suddenly remembered this song, and that it sometimes reminds of the farmhouse where I spent the happiest years of my childhood.  We lived in that old house from the time I was five until I was going on nine.  There was this hill that was behind the house, and if you went up and over it, you came to a hayfield, bordered by a wide treeline.  It seemed so magical to me, like climbing it and going over it would take me into another world.  The refrain of this song, Over the Hills and Far Away, brings back memories of that feeling. 

*sigh*  Oh, those good, old, days!




Isn't this a stirring, rallying song?

Have a good evening!


Miss Melody Muffin

4 comments:

  1. I LOVED that song! Why have I never heard it before?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, pretty song! And what a cool memory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alisa,
    I love it. :)

    Treskie,
    I'm always happy to introduce someone to a favorite of mine. :)

    Amy,
    I remember first listening to the song and thinking, "Wow."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.