Saturday, October 5, 2013

Sadness and Remembrance

Obviously, I didn't post a song yesterday.  I was gone all day and did not feel like posting late last night.  So, I'm doing days four and five of the song challenge today.


DAY FOUR ~ A SONG THAT MAKES YOU SAD

I found this song through a friend some months ago and it never fails to make me sad.  It makes me wonder about the young soldier- his family, his life before the war, his time in the military....  It is a vivid picture of how sad the results of war are.  For me, the most tragic line in the song is: 'Did you really believe this war would end wars?/ Well, the suffering, the sorrow, the glory the shame/ The killing the dying, it was all done in vain/ Oh Willy MacBride, it all happened again/ And again, and again, and again, and again.'  Tragic because it is so true.




DAY FIVE ~ A SONG THAT REMINDS YOU OF SOMEONE

Ok, to the best of my knowledge, my father never heard this song, but for various reasons, it always makes me think of him.  (It is also one of my favorite Disney songs.)




Have you heard either of these songs before?


Miss Melody Muffin

3 comments:

  1. I haven't heard either, but I like them both. That first one is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never heard on my father's wings before, but it's really pretty. What Disney movie is it from?...Oh wait. Quest for Camelot. It says it right there. *Dudder* Never mind. lol.

    Yep, I've heard Willie McBride before. Have you ever heard the Corries sing it? They do my favorite version of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alisa,
    Very sad. *sniff*

    Amy,
    :D No, I haven't heard the Corries sing it. I will look up their version.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.