Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Christmas Candle

The Christmas Candle is an upcoming film based on the book The Christmas Candle by Max Lucado.

I first heard about this movie when I was browsing through pictures of Samantha Barks on Pinterest and came across one of her in this gorgeous period coat.  The caption on the picture said it was from the set of an upcoming movie called The Christmas Candle.  I have not read Lucado's book, but the movie looked interesting and the summary on imdb was intriguing.  The trailer for it is now out; I watched it today for the first time and have already rewatched it four times.  Yes, I'm excited about this movie.  :) 

For us Les Mis fans, there is some fun trivia about the movie.  I actually keep thinking of it as Les Mis the Christmas movie, because not only is Samantha Barks in it, but Hans Matheson plays the hero and he was Marius in the non-musical 1998 Les Mis.  Susan Boyle, famous for her version of I Dreamed a Dream on a British talent show, is also in the movie.  And, based on the trailer, it looks like Eponine will finally get Marius.  :D

Non- Les Mis names some of you may recognize are Sylvester McCoy, (Doctor Who and Radagast in the Hobbit trilogy) and Barbara Flynn, (Cranford, Miss Potter, and Wives and Daughters, among other period dramas).

The release date is November 29.  For more info, here is the imdb link.

Thr Trailer:




Haha, I love that line, "Reverend High and Mighty at your service,"  Isn't Samantha fantastic in another period role??!!!  And the cute little boy – I don't know who he is or what part he plays in the story, but I hope he'll be fun and mischievous.


What do you all think?  Are you interested in watching this movie when it comes out?


Miss Melody Muffin

3 comments:

  1. I am interested in seeing this! :) It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alisa,
    We should add it to our five-miles-long list of movies to watch together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good one! I'll have to add it to our Netflix list....

    Thanks for the heads-up!
    ~"Tom Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.