Tuesday, November 19, 2013

MEC Day Nineteen: Different Kinds of Evil?

Gríma Wormtonge: [finds Éowyn crying over Théodred's body] Oh, he... he must have died sometime in the night. What a tragedy for the king to lose his only son and heir. I understand his passing is hard to accept, especially now that your brother has deserted you.
Éowyn: Leave me alone, snake!
Gríma Wormtonge: Oh, but you are alone! Who knows what you've spoken to the darkness? In bitter watches of the night, when all your life seems to shrink, the walls of your bower closing in about you, like a hutch to trammel some wild thing in! [putting a hand to her cheek] So fair, so cold, like a morning of pale spring still clinging to winter's chill...
Éowyn: Your words are poison! [pulls away and leaves]




DAY NINETEEN ~ LEAST FAVORITE CHARACTER

Well, of course all of the villains are my least favorite characters.  But, I would say out of all of them, the one I like the least... is Grima Wormtongue.

Why?  He isn't as evil as Saruman or Sauron.  In fact, he is really only a tool of Saruman.  Some of his wickedness is of himself, but much of it is due to Saruman's influence.

I like him the least because he is so much like a snake.  And I. HATE. SNAKES.  But, beyond that, I personally find Saruman and Sauron's blatant, black evil, easier to handle than Grima's creepy, sly, sneaking evil.  I think it is because you know what you're dealing with the the other two.  They are very powerful and they will use everything in their reach to achieve their ends.  With Grima, you never know what he'll do next.  The good thing is that he isn't as powerful as Saruman or Sauron, though, so his creepy evil is limited in what he can accomplish.

And I don't know if that even makes any sense.  *shakes head*  I'm sorry if it doesn't.  I can't seem to put my thoughts into the right words today.


For more information about the Middle Earth Challenge, including how to join in, go HERE.


Miss Melody Muffin

3 comments:

  1. *shivers* He's just plain awful! And yes, he IS a snake! All greasy, slithery, slimy, deceiving grossness. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Least Favorite Character. this is the easiest question of all to answer. Gollum. As I said before I detest, can't stand, abhor and loath him.
    Makes perfect sense to me Melody! But then I live with you 24/7 so I can usually figure out what you mean. :) Ugh Grima is pretty disgusting. I love Eowyn though n the scenes with him and Gimli when they wake up Theoden is really good.
    ButterflyBailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Gollum is definitely my least favorite character! BLAH!!! He's so bipolar and unpredictable, I hate it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.