Sunday, November 10, 2013

MEC Day Ten: Armor

Aragorn: Let the Lord of the Black Land come forth! Let justice be done upon him!



DAY TEN ~ MOST EPIC ARMOR

Aragorn's armor in the final battle at the Black Gate.  It always gives me a thrill to finally see him wearing the White Tree of Gondor - his kingdom.

Pictures HERE and HERE.

A close runner up for me is the armor he wears at his coronation.  Front view and side view.

And I'd like to give honorable mentions to Eowyn's Dernhelm armor, Haldir's armor at the battle of Helm's Deep, Legolas' woodland armor, Elrond's armor at the Battle of the Last Alliance and in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.


For more information about the Middle Earth Challenge, including how to join in, go HERE.


Miss Melody Muffin

4 comments:

  1. I agree that Aragorn's armour during the battle at the Black Gate is really fine. One of the things that I really love about that scene, as they are riding out for the last battle, is that, for the first time, Aragorn looks like a king. He has come into his own, and reclaimed his throne. From that point on, he is no longer just Strider, a Ranger from the North, but Aragorn, son of Arathorn, and King of Gondor... *and he looks it*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most Epic Armor. I Choose Elrond's Armor fro the Battle of the Last Alliance. I absolutely LOVE it and it looks amazing.
    Here are the best pictures that I could find:
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/210824826277628148/
    http://www.very-faery.com/costume/images/Elrond/Armor/elrond_lowres.jpg

    I would love to have armor like this even though girls didn't fight.
    ButterflyBailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I am the worst comment maker in the history of blogger. I really need to start leaving them more often.

    Ahhh... yes!! Aragorn's armor!! I tried not to go with the main characters for this one, as I have waaaaaaay too many favorites with armor, and that's how I ended up with Haldir's.

    I know!!! Eowyn's!!! :D

    I can't wait to see the armor in the next two Hobbit movies. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had I not been otherwise occupied yesterday (Birthdaying my Mom!), I'd have chosen....

    *Looks about nervously*
    OK, don't anybody hate me for this, but I'd have voted the Most Epic Armour in Middle-earth....

    Sauron's Armor at the beginning of FOTR. I know! I know! Way to choose the bad guy. But the detail they put into that stuff is amazing--the etched designs on each piece, the joined finger-guards, the pointed toes on the shoes, the sheer presence of the whole--it totally says, "Evil is among you!" --not that's I'm rooting for evil or anything; I just think they did a good job portraying the villain.

    ...and I'm not even that keen on armour! ;-)

    God bless,
    ~"Tom Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.