Wednesday, November 13, 2013

MEC Day Thirteen: A Hard Day's Work?

Bilbo: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!
The Fellowship of the Ring (movie)



DAY THIRTEEN ~ FUNNIEST QUOTE

Oh, goodness, the funniest quote?  One of the best things about Middle Earth is that Tolkien flavored these grand, epic stories with just the right amount of humor.  There are many funny moments in the books and movies.

Here is one of my favorite funny scenes.  The quote at the top of the page is another of my favorites.


Pippin: I feel like I'm back at the Green Dragon.
Merry: [through a mouthful of food] Mm. Green Dragon.
Pippin: A mug of ale in my hand, putting my feet up on a settle after a hard day's work.
Merry: Only, you've never done a hard day's work, Pip.
[They laugh; Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli ride up. Merry stands and gives an exaggerated bow]
Merry: Welcome, my lords, to Isengard!
Gimli: You young rascals! A merry hunt you've led us on, and now we find you... feasting and... and smoking!
Pippin: We are sitting on a field of victory enjoying a few well-earned comforts.
[Merry blows a smoke ring]
Pippin: The salted pork is particularly good.
Gimli: [eagerly] Salted pork?
Gandalf: [exasperated] Hobbits.
The Two Towers (movie)


For more information about the Middle Earth Challenge, including how to join in, go HERE.


Miss Melody Muffin

6 comments:

  1. I *LOVE* that scene!! Augh, why didn't I pick that one??! My brother and I quote it all the time. Of course, somehow it's Doofus who ends up being the one who never does the hard day's work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. For funniest quote(book) I think that I will have to go with this one:
    "Smeagol has to take what's given to him," answered Gollum. "He was given that name by kind master Samwise, the hobbit that knows so much."
    It is from The Two Towers just before the encounter with Shelob. But I find it funny that most of the quotes that I find the funniest are from Sam and Gollum's exchanges and I absolutely hate, abhor, detest and can't stand Gollum.
    The movie quote that I picked for funniest is this one:
    "His gardener."
    I love Sam he is so good!!!!
    ButterflyBailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ones Melody!!!
    ButterflyBailey

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Those are two of my favorites, too. Them, and Pippin's infamous "Great! So...where are we going?" from FOTR.

    (And you'll excuse me for simply commenting; Real Life hasn't been conducive to blogging of late....)

    God bless,
    ~"Tom Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S.
    Another favorite funny quote is the "taters" bit between Sam and Gollum. Bro and I quote that one a lot--and add to it from our own crazy minds, LOL. Bro usually does Gollum's part because he can do the voice spot-on, while I try to imitate Sam's accent. :-P Great fun!

    ~"TWR"~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiri,
    Haha- now I have this mental image of you and your brother doing that scene.... That has got to be funny!!

    Butterfly,
    Ah, yes, that 'sneak' scene. :D

    Tom,
    Oh, yes, that one is hilarious.

    I totally understand!! Real life is horribly pushy somedays- it demand we give it our attention instead of what we'd rather do. :D

    And my sister and I do the Potatoes scene a lot, too. It is just such fun to act out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.