Thursday, November 28, 2013

MEC Day Twenty Eight: I Will Take It!

Gandalf the White: Frodo has passed beyond my sight. The darkness is deepening.
Aragorn: If Sauron had the Ring, we would know it.
Gandalf the White: It's only a matter of time. He's suffered a defeat, yes, but... behind the walls of Mordor, our enemy is regrouping.
Gimli: Let him stay there. Let him rot! Why should we care?
Gandalf the White: Because ten thousand Orcs now stand between Frodo and Mount Doom. I've sent him to his death.
Aragorn: No. There is still hope for Frodo. He needs time... and safe passage across the plains of Gorgoroth. We can give him that.
Gimli: How?
Aragorn: Draw out Sauron's armies. Empty his lands. Then we gather our full strength and march on the Black Gate.
√Čomer: We cannot achieve victory through strength of arms.
Aragorn: Not for ourselves. But we can give Frodo his chance if we keep Sauron's Eye fixed upon us. Keep him blind to all else that moves.
Legolas: A diversion.
Gimli: Certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for?
Gandalf the White: Sauron will suspect a trap, he will not take the bait.
Aragorn: [smiles] Oh, I think he will.




DAY TWENTY EIGHT ~ MOST INSPIRING SCENE

The moment at the Council of Elrond when Frodo volunteers to take the ring to Mordor.
"I will take it!  I will take the ring to Mordor.. though, I do not know the way."

Here he is, just a hobbit, smallest of all Middle Earth races, already having passed through more trials and pain than he ever even dreamed of in his worst nightmares, ready to just go back to the Shire and resume his peaceful life... and yet he volunteers to take this cause of trouble and contention through worse horrors and pain, to destroy it.  Because he understands that someone has to – for the peace of the Shire and for the good of all of Middle Earth.

And then the way other members of the Council step up and volunteer to go with him, to protect and guide him.  That whole last half of the Council scene is wonderfully inspirational to me every time I watch it.



For more information about the Middle Earth Challenge, including how to join in, go HERE.


Miss Melody Muffin

1 comment:

  1. Most Inspiring Scene. Well I haven't thought on this one much. I was just about to sit down and watch a movie and then I remembered that I needed to post this. So off the top of my head I think that I would have to say probably the end of FOTR from the time when Aragorn finds Frodo and sends him running and turns to fight the orcs to the end end.
    ButterflyBailey
    P.S.Sorry this is kinda hurried :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.