Wednesday, November 20, 2013

MEC Day Twenty: Would It All Be For Nothing?

Samwise Gamgee: Then let us be rid of it! Once and for all! Come on, Mr. Frodo. I can't carry it for you... but I can carry you! Come on!  [Slings Frodo over his shoulders.]




DAY TWENTY ~ SCARIEST MOMENT

Frodo at the Crack of Doom – when he claimed the Ring for himself.  It is so scary because at that moment in time, in just a few seconds, is the possible overthrow of everything everyone has suffered, fought for and even died for, in the six months leading up to that moment.  In those few seconds, it is all about to come crashing down in the ruin of every hope and every prayer, as Frodo claims the Ring.


Sam: FRODO!
Frodo: I'm here, Sam.
Sam: Destroy it!
[Frodo holds the ring on its chain over the edge of the pit]
Sam: Go on! Now! Throw it in the fire!
[Frodo stares at the ring, the ring whispers to him]
Sam: What are you waiting for? Just let it go!
[Frodo turns and looks at Sam]
Frodo: The ring is mine.
[He snaps the chain and approaches the ring to his finger]
Sam: No... no...
[Frodo slips the ring on and vanishes]
Sam: NO!


For more information about the Middle Earth Challenge, including how to join in, go HERE.


Miss Melody Muffin

3 comments:

  1. I KNOW!! That moment when we all screamed, "NO! Frodo, how could you do that?!?"

    I can only imagine what must be running through Sam's mind at that moment. Oh... that's awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Scariest Moment. Well I think that I will have to say the Shelob parts because I didn't watch those they were so scary. I didn't even read the Shelob part in the book until a couple of weeks ago. I do plan to watch that part though the next time that I watch ROTK.
    (In reply to Melody's post)
    Yeah the Part at the end when Frodo claims the ring is kinda scary. Poor Sam in that scene. He is just in agony over what Frodo is doing.
    ButterflyBailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, Melody. I hadn't thought if it like that. If the quest had failed then, the world would have ended... And then, when it was all over, how Frodo must have suffered from *remembering* that. No wonder he went away with the Elves.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.