Saturday, November 2, 2013

MEC Day Two: My Favorite Movie


"Hold them back!  Do not give into fear!  Stand to your posts!  FIGHT!"




DAY TWO ~ FAVORITE MOVIE

I'm going to borrow Kiri's idea and start each of my posts with one of my favorite quotes.  I have so many that not even 30 days will take all of them.  :D

Choosing my favorite movie was every bit as hard as choosing my favorite book.  But, in the end, I have to go with Return of the King again.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/515bTmVr8xL._SX215_.jpg

It has some of the most epically, amazingly, triumphantly awesome moments of the trilogy.  The reunion with Merry and Pippin, lighting the beacons of Gondor, Faramir's charge at Osgiliath, Elrond bringing Anduril to Aragorn, the Paths of the Dead, the Ride of the Rohirrim, Sam rescuing Frodo, Eowyn killing the Witch King, the entire battle of the Pelennor Fields (including Legolas killing the Oliphaunt), Aragorn coming up the river in the Black Ships, the Last Battle, the destruction of the ring, Aragorn's coronation, the Grey Havens....  It has tons of awesome quotes, too, which I shall not attempt to list here, because if once I start, I'll never stop.  :D


For more information about the Middle Earth Challenge, including how to join in, go HERE.


Miss Melody Muffin

5 comments:

  1. Hehe... I only did that so I could get away with quoting as much LOTR & Hobbit stuff as possible. But, hey! Sometimes it's nice to start off with a quote! It gets you past the whole blank new blog post terror, and let me tell you, I needed that for some of these posts.

    Ahhh... why didn't I do RotK? Perhaps because I just watched part of TTT? Probably... next week RotK will be my favorite. :)

    I should get off now before I really get going. *sheepish grin* I've gotten all of my MEC posts done (and I scheduled them all to post at 9 o'clock every morning b/c I'm a lazy blogger), save for one - a post called Defending Boromir. Wish me luck writing it as my family's been playing Christmas music all day. Somehow Jingle Bells doesn't give me the right punch for this post.

    Why did I write this all in a comment? I don't know. I should have just emailed it to you. *facepalm* Anywho, this Challenge is epic! Thank you so much for agreeing to share the craziness with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh a hard one!!! But I will have to go with Return of the King. It definatly has most of my favorite scenes and some scenes that I didn't watch but eventually will watch (namely the scenes in Shelob's lair). Tomorrow's is going to be the hardest to answer!!!!
    ButterflyBailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the third moive aswell.

    I tried following your blog but for some reason it won't work :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna,
    Most definitely. :)

    Kiri,
    :D

    Butterfly,
    Yeah, Shelob's Lair is rather intense.

    Alexander,
    I could watch it over and over and never tire of it.

    Hmm, I'm not sure why it won't work. I just reset the widget, does it work now?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.