Friday, November 1, 2013

Middle Earth Challenge Day One: I Have to CHOOSE???????



PEOPLE, IT IS HERE.  The first day of the Middle Earth Challenge!!!!




DAY ONE ~ FAVORITE BOOK

I am horrible at picking favorites.  I've only read 4 of Tolkien's books so far- The Hobbit and the three books of the LOTR trilogy.  The Silmarillion, The Children of Hurin, the Unfinished Tales and all the rest of Tolkien's books are on my list to read, I just haven't gotten to them, yet.

Hmmm, since LOTR is a trilogy (and if I recall correctly was written as a single book)... can I just say my favorite book is the trilogy???



Oh, well then, if I absolutely have to choose, I would have to say, of the four I've read, The Return of the King is my favorite. 


http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51w9isl619L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It is the final, gloriously triumphant conclusion to the long, hard Quest of the Ring and the War of the Ring.  The end of the journey to free Middle Earth from the forces of darkness.  It has some of the most EPIC moments of the entire trilogy.  In addition, it features some of my favorite minor characters (Halbarad, Imrahil, Beregond) and it contains the FANTASTIC appendices, which help to further round out the enchanting world of Middle Earth.


Which is your favorite book?


There is still plenty of time to join in the challenge, either here, or at Kiri's blog!!!!  For more information, go HERE.


Miss Melody Muffin

4 comments:

  1. A really hard choice. But I think that I will have to choose The Return of the King. This is defiantly going to be a challenge!!
    ButterflyBailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. (in response to your comment) YES! I've read Children of Hurin. I enjoyed it... but there was a really weird relationship that came about with the two main characters. It was just... weird. Once you read it, you'll know what I mean. And yes, I know you will read it eventually. *winks*

    I KNOW!!! Favorites are soooo hard to pick!! I went with The Hobbit because it was the first one I read, and I really enjoy it.

    Ahh!!! That's the cover of the copy of RotK we have!!! I know people say that movie cover books are awful, but I really like the LOTR ones. How could you not?!?

    Can you believe the challenge has officially started?!?! I don't think I'm fully comprehending it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, yes--definitely some epic parts in Return of the King.

    ...and I ended up having time for today's challenge after all! So here's my link (am I doing this right??):
    http://wildroseleblonde.blogspot.com/search/label/30-day%20Middle-earth%20Challenge

    God bless,
    ~"Tom Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Butterfly,
    :D

    Kiri,
    I'm definitely eager to read it!!

    The Hobbit is super good. It was my first Tolkien, too.


    I know!!! The movie cover books are fantastic!!

    Heehee, I'm not sure I've comprehended it either. :D


    Tom,
    YAY!!!! So glad you could join!!! Yep, you did it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.