Saturday, November 30, 2013

NaNo Week Four: This, My Friends is the End

The end of all the craziness, the fanatic drive to put in enough words each day so add up to the total needed by the end of the month, the end of sitting down to write and having 2000 words completely change the direction of your story each day....

For me, it isn't completely over yet.  I finished 50, 000 words on Sunday, November 24th, but I still have somewhere between 5, 000 and 10, 000 words to put in on Oath of Loyalty.  I hope to finish it by the end of next week, but we'll see.


My stats for this week:
Word Count At The Beginning of This Week:  53, 353
Total Word Count As Of Now: 63, 891
Final Word Count Goal:  54, 796
Daily Word Count Goal:  2,000 words
Average Daily Word Count: 1,969
Words Remaining:  NONE  :D


 My favorite snippets:
    "No!" Kaduna cried.  She stood and now her eyes flashed as she faced her daughter.  "That is manipulation!  It's a back and forth game!  It's playing with fire.  That is no way to run a kingdom."
    "It is a game in which we hold the upper hand," Johari retorted.  "It's no more manipulation than diplomats use all the time.  Isn't it father?" she appealed to Kishi.
    "Diplomats do often employ similar tactics," he said carefully, "But I have never agreed with them and have done my utmost to avoid using them."
    Johari threw up her hands, "What he has done is wrong!  We are simply letting the world know, so that he can be punished!  What is so awful about that?  You say if you give a man enough rope he'll hang himself.  Well, he can't hang himself if you don't even give him the rope!"


    "Threats don't move me, Matera," Johari's emphasis on the last word was bitter but Nathaja did not flinch.
    "Do you think it is just a threat?  Push me.  You'll find out."
    Johari narrowed her eyes, "Need I remind you I am the crown princess?
  
    "Need I remind you that I am your Matera?  I have certain delegated authority powers by law, and if you force this issue, I will use them.
    "Go ahead," Johari dared.  "I'll speak when I'm ready and to whom I wish."




Miss Melody Muffin

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm. She sounds a little like someone I know. :)
    ButterflyBailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again... :) and oooh...I like the snippets. Especially the second one...it's epic. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.