Saturday, November 2, 2013

NANOWRIMO HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I know it actually began yesterday.  And I know I told you all I would post this yesterday.  The only excuse I can offer is that I was too drained after a day of real life stress, still recovering from a viral bug and in general just worn out.  :D


I had a tough time deciding what I was going to write for NaNo this year.  I had several options and finally decided on the first book of my Sisters and Guardians series.  I've posted a snippet or two from this story before- under the name Atlantica.  That was its working title.  Now it has an official title- the Sisters and Guardians series.  The first book is titled Oath of Loyalty and here is the synopsis I came up with a few days ago:

Despite being a princess by birth, Johari has always lived the quiet normal life of an average upper class person. But that changes when her mother unexpectedly succeeds to the throne of Denzli, and Johari is thrust into the position of Crown Princess, an honor she never wanted. 

Surrounded by a multitude of expectations, rules and etiquette, she feels like a fish out of water. When her Companions are chosen and sworn in, at first she is unwilling to trust them.  When she finally does, their presence helps her begin to adjust to her new life. 

Then the former queen mysteriously dies... and Johari and her Companions suspect she was poisoned... and that Johari herself and her mother are the next victims on the poisoner's list. The Companions took an oath of loyalty to Johari, but just how far will they have to go to fulfill that oath?


 I will post more about the characters in-between my Middle Earth Challenge posts this month.  And of course, snippets.


Miss Melody Muffin

4 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you girls! You will be hearing more about it this month, I guarantee it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.