Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Clap of Joy and a Sigh of Relief...

...Oath of Loyalty is done.

DONE.  THIS BOOK IS DONE.

It finished out at a grand total of 83, 373 words.

I had no idea I had managed to put in that many words.  I thought I had 78, 000 at most.  But, that is what the word counters say....

I am on Cloud Nine.  It is the first one of my novels I've actually managed to finish.  Sure, I have dozens started, and some are more than half done, but this is the first one I've actually completed.

It gives me a huge feeling of accomplishment.  Sort of like I imagine mountain climbers feel when they stand on top of the Matterhorn.

Thank you for the encouragement you readers gave me while I was writing it.  It was wonderful to know that you were cheering me on!!!

So, what am I going to do now?

Firstly, I'm going to edit the many typos in the story.  I have a habit of typing at express train speed when I'm writing a story, and I don't often backspace to correct misspelled words.  So now I have to go back and do that.  Then, after a few more edits to fix things that changed as the story went on, I'm putting it aside for a while.  It can sit and jell and I'll go back to it sometime next year and rewrite it.

At the moment, I'm trying to decide what story I'll work on next.  It will be either The Land Beyond the Sunset or the first Three Kyngdoms book.

And hopefully, I'll be around on Blogger more now, and you'll see more of my normal posts on here.



Miss Melody Muffin

7 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! That's a heady feeling, isn't it? :) What I've heard of it sounds really interesting; could you be persuaded to share some snippets? ;)
    I can't wait for future posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! *throws confetti* You've finally finished a book! Welcome to the club! Such a wonderful (and terrible at the same time) feeling, isn't it?

    Is there any chance you'd be persuaded to take on a few beta readers ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations, Melody!!!! I'm certain it's an amazing book! I loved the snippets you posted, and I can't wait to read it in full!! *cough* You will be publishing it, right? ;)

    83K. Wow. I must say, I am muchly impressed. I wish I could finish a story in that amount of words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! Finishing a book is so exciting! Good for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAY TO GO SISTER!!!!!!! I now breathe a sigh of relief that she is finally done and I can't wait for her to let me read it so I can tell her how AWFUL it is!!!!! :) No I am actually really proud of her that she has actually finished a story out of her millions that she has started and I am really going to enjoy it. Keep up the good work sister!
    ButterflyBailey

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's fantastic!!! Finishing a novel is just the greatest feeling in the world, isn't it? So happy for you!

    And I agree that we need some snippets of this lovely thing. *puppy dog eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  7. *CHEERS*!!! Way to go!!!!!!! This is wonderful news! I am so excited for you, and you even got a nice word count too, whcih is always doubly exciting!!!! *Passes the cookies.*

    Oh, and having you on blogger more is just as exciting to those of us who love your posts 8-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.