Looking at my New Year's resolutions for last year, (found HERE), there were a few of them I accomplished and others did not go as I hoped.
- I did more writing and reading, but not much more more horseback riding. Injuries and life circumstances were to blame for some of that.
- I did not read at least 2 books a week. Some weeks I only read a few chapters of one book, while others I devoured 5 books in the week.
- I did not read 5 Dickens- only 2.
- I did not read every unread novel in the house... but I did get a good start.
- I did not finish the first drafts of The Land Beyond the Sunset and the first book in the Three Kyngdoms series.
- The collaborative story idea with my sisters fell through by May, partly because only one out of the four sisters is serious about writing. She and I may take the unused ideas and do something with them sometime....
- I think I had more posts on this blog than in 2012, but they weren't necessarily more regular, except during the 30 day Challenges in October and November.
- During the summer, several weeks at a time passed without me seeing anything.
- Didn't see all the Jane Austen adaptations that I haven't seen yet.
- I DID see The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and Les Miserables 2012. And adored both of them.
- I was privileged to get to know many bloggers better, and make new friends in the blogging world.
- Ummmmmm, probably did not succeed about the stressing. I'm beginning to think it's hopeless. I'll be a stresser for the rest of my life.... :D
What I did accomplish in 2013:
- Participated in a 30 Day Song Challenge during the month of October.
- Had a blast doing the 30 Day Middle Earth Challenge with my friend Kiri Liz during the month of November.
- Participated in Celebrate Musicals Week, hosted by Amy Dashwood.
- Took part in several tags and other blog parties.
- Participated in a few cover reveals for author friends.
- I successfully completed NaNoWriMo.
- I finished my first full novel- Oath of Loyalty.
- Started a short story tentatively titled Betrayal... that is still waiting to be finished....
- Entered a short story contest and wrote an entry that was less than 2000 words- a hard thing for me. It was good practice though, and I even took second in my category!
- Introduced my sister Butterfly and others of my family to The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings. Butterfly is now as enamored with Tolkien as I am. :D
- Read 2 Dickens' novels (A Tale of Two Cities and David Copperfield), and discovered that I do enjoy his writing, once I get into it.
- Bought my own Kindle- sort of my Christmas present to myself. It will be a tremendous help because my family reads a lot of pre-1925 texts off places like Project Gutenberg, and even two Kindles in this house of voracious readers wasn't quite enough.
- Downloaded a bunch of free Kindle books off Amazon, mostly fantasy and a few sci fi, that looked interesting.
- Was introduced to Kdrama (and kpop) by three dear friends (Mirriam, Katherine Sophia and Jessica), and am now obsessed with it.
- Introduced my sister Billie to the Star Trek tv series. She is enjoying it very much and we have such fun watching it together.
- Saw Shakespeare's Henry V performed by a traveling theater company and LOVED IT.
- Attended the funeral of a grandfather where we saw extended family members.
What I would like to accomplish in 2014:
- Post at least once a week.
- Post more book and movie reviews.
- Finish editing most of the typos out of Oath of Loyalty (typos caused by me typing at ridiculous speeds because no matter how fast I type, my hands still can't keep pace with my brain).
- Finish the first draft of the first book in the Three Kyngdoms series, at the moment tentatively titled Venit Hora.
- Finish the first draft of the first book in the Quara series, The Land Beyond the Sunset.
- Start the first draft of To See The Stars (formerly known as FAMILY).
- Start the first draft of the sequel to Oath of Loyalty. The other day it was bombarding me with information about itself.
- Write at least 500 words a day, six days a week.
- Participate in NaNoWriMo again.
- Start the first draft of new book, temporarily titled Sub Rosa.
- Read one pre 1925 text for every one of the modern ebooks I just downloaded from Amazon that I read.
- Read 5 Dickens: Little Dorrit, The Pickwick Papers, Our Mutual Friend, Great Expectations, Bleak House.
- More beta reading!!! I'm in the middle of several fun stories right now, some of which I am very eager to see published.
- Watch more Kdrama- I have a HUGE list of ones I want to see.
- Since I didn't do it last year, watch all the Jane Austen adaptations made since 1980 that I haven't seen yet.
- See several Shakespeare adaptations, including The Hollow Crown with the excellent actor Tom Hiddleston in my favorite Shakespeare play- Henry V.
- Watch The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.
- Ride my horse more!!!!!!!
Miss Melody Muffin