Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Tale of Two Cities Tag

Eva at Ramblings of a Janeite was hosting a blog party centered on Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities the last five days.  Due to unforeseen circumstances, she had to end the party two days earlier than she had originally planned.  I didn't get this tag filled out while the party was still going on, but I figured I could still post it.


How were you introduced to A Tale Of Two Cities?
I saw the title on lists of classic literature years ago.

Have you read the book, seen a movie adaption, and/or watched/listened to the musical?
I read the book last year, and I've listened to the musical soundtrack several times.

Who is your favorite character?
I don't have just one favorite.  I admire Carton and Darnay equally, pity Dr. Manette, think Lucie is sweet and feel sorry for her, and find Mr. Lorry and Miss Pross fantastic.

Who is your least favorite character?
The Marquis St. Evremonde.  I can't tell you how many times I wanted to strangle him.

What's one of your favorite scenes from the book (if you've read it)?
When Sydney kisses Lucie and whispers, "A life you love."

What's one of your favorite songs from the musical (if you've watched it)?
Until Tomorrow.  I may or may not have been known to go around the house singing it at the top of my lungs....


Share some of your favorite quotes! (book or musical)
My all time favorite quote is:
It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.

Think now and then that there is a man who would give his life, to keep a life you love beside you.

Death may beget life, but oppression can beget nothing other than itself.

He knew enough of the world to know that there is nothing in it better than the faithful service of the heart.

What was the last ATOTC-related thing you did/watched/read?

Listened to the musical soundtrack album again.  Before that, re-read part of the book a few months ago.

What character do you think you're the most like?
Ummm, Charles Darnay, probably.  Like him, I'd do just about anything to save a friend.

If you could meet any character, who would it be and why?

I'd like to meet the Darnays' son Sydney because I want to hear the story of his family's deliverance as told by him.


Miss Melody Muffin

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for doing this tag - it was fun reading your answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I READ THE KIDDIE VERSION OF THAT AGES AGO AND HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO FORGET THE STORY SINCE.
    -Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh ... a tag for my very most favorite book in the whole world ... I shall be doing this later!! SQUEEEEE!!!!!!

    ~ Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.