Friday, May 23, 2014

A Handprint on my Heart

I've been so busy this week I didn't remember until this morning that my blogging anniversary was yesterday.  Two years ago May 22, I began blogging.

Today, in commemoration, I want to say a gigantic THANK YOU to all of you.  

I cannot now imagine what my life would have been like without you.  I know it would have been a barren desert compared to what it is now, knowing you all.  I have met so many wonderful people through blogging, people I would not have met otherwise.  People I am thrilled to call my friends.

To my terrific email correspondents, to the magnificent F5, to the crazy, marvelous Nealer sisters, and to everyone else I don't know as well but still count a friend, THANK YOU a thousand times for joining me on this journey.

I often think of the words of one of my favorite musical songs in connection with all of you. 

For Good, from Wicked:
I've heard it said,
That people come into our lives
For a reason
Bringing something we must learn.
And we are lead to those
Who help us most to grow if we let them.
And we help them in return.
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you.

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun,
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood.
Who can say if I've been changed for the better
But because I knew you.
I have been changed for good.

It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime.
So, let me say before we part:
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you.
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart.
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you'll have rewritten mine
By being my friend.

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea.
Like a seed dropped by a sky bird
In a distant wood.
Who can say if I've been changed for the better
But because I knew you...

I have been changed for good.



Because I know all of you, my readers, my followers, my friends, I have been changed for good.  May you be richly blessed as you have blessed me in my life.


Miss Melody Muffin

7 comments:

  1. *BIG HUGGLES* Congratulations to our super awesome Macadamia nut! I want you to know, along with the rest of F5, you are a blessing and awesome person to me as well. All for one and one for all. XD <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONFETTI, CONFETTI, CONFETTI!!! Happy Anniversary, oh lovely Splendor Falls!! May you continue on for many, many more years with your awesome bloggeress, and may the force be with you... er, or something like that. Congratulations and all that jazz.

    Ohh! I almost forgot... *virtual gingerbread* Do you like raisins? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary to you... blogging that is. And yes, I have absolutely no idea where anyone would be in blogger land if they didn't have totally cool and awesome followers like the magnificent AJAX COCHRANE!!!! ;-P

    Congrats on two years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on two years of blogging!!! :D I've had so much fun following you in all your little adventures. ;)

    Here's to another two (no -- more than two!) years of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, how awesome! Congratulations on the year of blogging you amazing person you! ^_^ Looking forward to reading it for the next year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. A belated Happy Blogging Anniversary, dearie! God bless you and your literary endeavors, now and always....

    Cheesy, but sincerely,
    ~"Tom"~

    ReplyDelete
  7. is it too late for me to comment, and say

    I LOVE YOU TOO!!!

    …because I do. keep blogging - here's to another two years and more!

    (and also. only 6 days until june 2. whoop whoop.)

    -
    thewandererawaits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.