Friday, May 30, 2014

We Wander Through Fantasy to Find the Truth

Today, as a prelude to a cover reveal I'm taking part in tomorrow, I'm supposed to be posting about my favorite fantasy book.  Those of you who know me well, know that my favorite fantasy book will always be The Lord of the Rings.  But, today, I want to highlight a few of my other favorite fantasy books that I haven't really talked about before.  Clicking on the cover of each book will take you to its Amazon page.

In no particular order....

1. Heartless ~ Anne Elisabeth Stengl
The first book in Anne Elisabeth's Tales of Goldstone Wood series.  It is beautiful.  I loved every moment of it and I couldn't put it down.  It is high fantasy at its best, with a powerful message interwoven.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51swYZ5rS9L.jpg



2. Urchin of the Riding Stars ~ The Mistmantle Chronicles ~ M. I. McAllister
This is an excellent book.  It's well written and the message is wonderful.  My mom even read it and liked it, and as a general rule, she doesn't like fantasy.  I'm looking forward to reading the other books in the series.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71oBk8CsJIL._SL1159_.jpg



3. King Arthur's Knights ~ Henry Gilbert
One of my favorite tellings of the most well known version of Arthurian Legend.  This version is clean and I would recommend it for children twelve and up.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ipwrRGyUL.jpg



4. The Golden Sword ~ Rosie Morgan
A fun take on Arthurian Legend in the modern world.  Set in present day Wales, with three children who would be your last choice for heroes.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81QZ0fcRy2L._SL1350_.jpg



5.  The Bookania Chronicles ~ Kendra Ardnek
 Kendra's delightful series of re-told fairy tales that all take place in the same world.  This series is a favorite in our house.  Everyone from my mother to my youngest siblings love these books and we all wait eagerly for the next installment in the series.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51dcuStQQOL.jpg



6. The Loyalty Trilogy ~ Jack Lewis Baillot
I laughed my way through this book, and loved the eccentric fellowship that comes together to protect one small, rather naive boy.  The first book is the only one out yet, but I'm waiting eagerly for the next one.


http://www.amazon.com/Stretch-Loyalty-The-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B00DGL02B2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401490954&sr=8-1&keywords=a+stretch+of+loyalty+jack+baillot



Sigh.  Yes, readers, I do have actual book reviews planned for each and every one of these books.  I need six more hours in a day.


Oh yeah, and that cover reveal I mentioned at the beginning?  I'm not going to say any more about it than that it is a fantasy book and I am eagerly waiting for its release.  You will all just have to come back tomorrow to see for yourselves!


Miss Melody Muffin

3 comments:

  1. I read the Mistmantle series a long time ago, my younger siblings were into it. I have to say, though, I liked the Redwall series better. Eulaliaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for truth in fantasy!

    My sister keeps telling me I have to read Heartless and the Mistmantle books... I guess I'd better. ;)

    Ooh, I'm reading Sew It's a Quest right now! It's interesting shall we say... :D

    The Lord of the Rings will always be my favorite, too!

    The other books look interesting... I may have to check them out.

    Awesome post, can't wait to see whatever cover is coming soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh!!! More books to look up!!! :D Wonderful list, Melody!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.