Saturday, June 7, 2014

CinderEddy

I love taking part in cover reveals, in case you haven't all figured that out by now, with this being my third cover reveal in eight days.  Being a writer myself, I enjoy spreading the word about other writers' books, especially when said books are ones I know will be good.

I haven't read any published retellings of Cinderella yet.  Ella Enchanted is on my list, though, and so is Five Glass Slippers.  I'm in the process of beta-reading Kiri Liz's Cinderella retelling: Secret of the Hazel Tree and enjoying it. 

I know CinderEddy will be good because I've read quite a bit of Kendra's writing and it's all been good, especially her fairy tale retellings.  So, in advance, I'm recommending this as a good book to read.  I'm looking forward to picking up my own copy as soon as it comes out.


The Author
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-w_lzflduYiQ/Ugz-ElhC8JI/AAAAAAAABec/GMMVoiIapbo/s220/100_1776.JPG

I am, first and foremost, a Christian. I accepted Jesus into my heart when I was three and a half, and have never regretted the decision. I am secondly the eldest daughter (and child for that matter) of a homeschooling family. Third, I am the author of The Bookania Quests. Fourth, I am a knitter/crocheter/aspiring herbalist. I think that sums me up.


CinderEddy
Edward, called CinderEddy by his stepbrothers, has been treated as little more than a servant ever since his mother died after her remarriage. When the Princess Elicia is kidnapped, however, his stepbrothers join the other knights attempting to rescue her, and Edward uses their absence to make his own attempt at her rescue. He doesn't expect to succeed, but somehow, he keeps finding himself on the right path.




Isn't it a pretty cover?  Follow Kendra's blog HERE to find out when the book will be published.



Miss Melody Muffin

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks like it's going to be a really good book! It sounds like a very creative retelling of Cinderella.

    -Bethany
    cleverbunnies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the Disney film for Ella Enchanted with Anne Hathaway is one of my favorites. Even guys like fairy tales other than LOTR. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so COOL! And Kendra sounds simply AMAZING!!!
    -Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got to beta read this story. It was pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Bethany The only book I have to compare this to is CINDERELLIS AND THE GLASS HILL, by the same author as ELLA ENCHANTED. However, that's actually a retelling of a different fairy tale "The Princess on the Glass Hill" while CinderEddy is a retelling of Cinderella fairly purely. There is a troll bridge and a nod to Rapunzel.

    @Ajax I enjoy the book and movie versions of Ella Enchanted on different levels. They're both good, but the book is a more straight up retelling (especially at the end), whereas the movie just took the obedience curse/gift and ran in a slightly different direction. I actually own both, but the book is my favorite.

    @Elfie Yes, yes, I'm amazing. One of those things about me;)

    @Jack Glad to hear you enjoyed it! See folks - this is a good book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.