Monday, June 23, 2014

Five Glass Slippers Blog Tour: Elisabeth Brown

Today is the grand kick-off of the Five Glass Slippers Blog Tour hosted by Amber Stokes of Seasons of Humility.

http://seasonsofhumility.blogspot.com/p/five-glass-slippers-blog-tour.html


Today's Cinderella is Elisabeth Brown.  Welcome, Elisabeth!

I saw from your blog that you like sesquipedalian words (so do I).  Did you use any such words in What Eyes Can See?

Hurrah for a fellow sesquipedalian! I don’t remember consciously using any such words, but that’s the thing: normally I’m totally oblivious to the fact that I’m using abnormally gargantuan terminology until my thoughtfully loving friends point it out to me. After reading boatloads of Dickens and Bronte and such, I sort of assume everyone uses the same jargon as I do. So I guess someone else will have to tell me if I employed any of my voluminously variegated vocabulary or not! Fun fact: I have terrible pronunciation, and can only correctly pronounce 87% of my entire vocabulary. “Indefatigable” tripped me up for the longest time.




Painfully shy Arella begs her stepmother to let her stay home from the prince’s ball. But kindly Duchess Germaine is determined that her beautiful stepdaughter should be presented at court along with her own two daughters. So, dressed in a gorgeous gown and a pair of heirloom slippers, Arella catches the eye of the crown prince . . . and finds her life suddenly far more complicated than she ever desired.



About Elisabeth Brown:
Elisabeth Brown has always loved words. The third of seven children, she enjoyed being homeschooled through her senior year of high school, and is now studying piano performance at Appalachian Bible College. When she’s ignoring the fact that she should probably be practicing more or doing Greek homework, you’ll find her sewing, baking, reading, singing along to basically any musical ever created, hiking through the woods, or laughing at incredibly silly puns.

What Eyes Can See is her first published story, but she also rambles at www.metaphoricalcello.wordpress.com.



ONE BELOVED STORY, FIVE EXCITING WRITERS, A COLLECTION TO CHERISH

What happens when Cinderella is so painfully shy that she cannot bear the idea of attending the royal ball? Or when the slipper fits . . . but on the wrong girl? What happens when Cinderella is determined to oust an imposter prince from her rightful throne? Or when she is a cendrillon miner working from a space station orbiting a cthonian planet? What happens when Cinderella, a humble housemaid, is sent with a message for a prisoner trapped in a frightening fairy circus?

Here is Cinderella as you have never met her before, wearing glass slippers and off on unforgettable adventures!


http://www.amazon.com/Five-Glass-Slippers-Collection-Cinderella-ebook/dp/B00KWMZ9WA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402990401&sr=8-1&keywords=Five+Glass+Slippers

The Five Glass Slippers collection will be on sale for only $.99 in Kindle format for the duration of the blog tour (June 23-28)!



Here’s your chance to be Cinderella of the ball! One lucky winner will receive a paperback copy of Five Glass Slippers, several Cinderella-themed items (including a bookmark crafted by Belle on a Budget, a journal, and a DVD copy of the Disney movie), as well as special gifts handpicked by a few of the collection’s authors (a glass slipper cookie cutter with recipe, freeze-dried astronaut ice cream, and an Apple Tree Inn cup and saucer). This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada only.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Miss Melody Muffin

5 comments:

  1. I love that twist on Cinderella-- so sweet to have a kind stepmother for once instead of an evil one! You've intrigued me. :D And hooray for sesquipedalian words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Q&A! Yeah, being able to understand/define words and pronounce them correctly are two completely different things...LOL.

    One of my most embarrassing pronunciation stories is when I was attending a guest lecture at my college. Thankfully, it was just a small, round-table one in a classroom. We were talking about our dream jobs in publishing, and I mentioned how much I liked Revell. Except I pronounced it "revel." The lecturer basically responded: "You might want to make sure you pronounce it correctly first. It's reh-vell."

    *ducks head in shame*

    But hey, I'll be starting a job in Christian publishing next month (just for a different publisher that I can actually pronounce: Harvest House), so all's well that ends well. ;)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy, you taught me the word floccinaucinihilipilification. The act of esteeming something as useless. This is why she's my favourite person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for having me today, Melody! This was one of my favorite questions. :)
    Miss Dashwod...may I say that "Sense and Sensibility" is one of my favorite books ever? Thank you for letting me say that. You may now continue with your life.
    Amber...I have a lot of those types of stories. I pronounced the "l"s in "quesadilla" once, and my Spanish-speaking friends almost murdered me.
    Berea, it is my life goal to teach everyone the word floccinaucinihilipilification! And you're my favorite, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Elisabeth! I enjoyed your answer. I used to be awful at pronunciation, too (still am with a few words I've only ever seen written and not heard used). The first long word I remember mispronouncing horribly was 'grotesque.' I pronounced it 'grow-tes-kew'. My mom laughed so hard the first time she heard me say it. I also pronounced the l's in 'quesadilla' the very first time I saw the word spelled. So, I know just what it's like!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.