Thursday, July 24, 2014

Tiger Lilly interview!

Today is the first day of my good friend Kendra Ardnek's blog party celebrating her five years of blogging and three years of being a published author.  Head on over to her BLOG to join in the fun!

http://knittedbygodsplan.blogspot.com/2014/06/party-announcement.html


I've read all of Kendra's published novels and most of her short stories (I haven't read her two newest short stories, though they are on my Kindle waiting for me) and I've also beta read several of her works.

Today's spotlighted story is Infiltration, set in the world of the Rowa.  Infiltration is easily one of my favorite Kendra books.  (Why do I call them Kendra books and not Ardnek books the way one would say Tolkien novels?  I have no idea....)  I read the first draft and am eager to see how much better the story will be in the rewrite.  I have the privilege of interviewing one of the main characters, Tiger Lilly.


Infiltration
Fantasy/Sci-fi. Tiger wants to get her Ring of Faith on her twenty-fourth birthday. Snap wants to be a successful Infiltrator. Both can't have their wish.


Welcome to The Splendor Falls, Tiger Lilly!

Will you describe what a Ring of Faith looks like?
A metallic band with a simple leaf pattern and a small jewel that changes color depending what you use it for.

And what does a Ring of Innocence look like?
Much the same, but without the leaf pattern.

Why were you envious of your friends who lived in the trees?
I am a tree elving and feel far at home in a tree, the ground far beneath my feet, but because my pa isn't, we live in a hole. It's not a desire that I obsess over, but like all tree elvings who live underground, I wish I lived in a tree. But at least my ma's apothecary is in a tree, and sometimes she lets me sleep there.

Can you tell us when your book might be published?
It's going to be a few years at least before it's ready. Partly because Kendra needs to decide how she wants to rewrite it, and partly because it's technically part of the Mikada Chronicles, and a later book at that. Also, it's something of a sequel to the Rizkaland Legends, so that will probably be published first as well.

I'm sorry if that's a bit of a disappointment to you - I know you're looking forward to my book, Miss Melody.


Thanks for stopping by, Tiger Lilly!  I am definitely looking forward to your book, whenever it is published.


Miss Melody Muffin

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you, Tiger Lilly! I think I'd prefer to live in the trees than underground, too.

    the writeress @ barefoot in the snow

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.