Thursday, October 9, 2014

Sew It's a Quest: Book Review

This week's book is a family favorite around my house.


Sew, It's a Quest

Kendra E Ardnek



TYPE/GENRE: Fiction, Fantasy/Fairy tale
SERIES: The Bookania Quests #1
LENGTH: 156 pages
RATING: 10 out of 10
READ ALOUD:    5 out of 5
SOURCES: Amazon


Summary:
Robin and Robert are royal twins. They are the only two to have received a Fairy Godmother gift in nearly a century, an amazing honor. Soon it became clear that their gifts had been switched and a search began to find the Fairy Godmother to right the mistake. When she is finally sighted by a knight, the family learns that the pair must find her for themselves and they only have until their 18th birthday ... only 4 months away. Will they be able to find her in time?


My Review:
Kendra has done a delightful job of weaving together several different fairy tales, each with their own unique twist.  Sleeping Beauty, Robin Hood and Diamonds and Toads are just a few of the fairy tales to be found within this story.

To pique your interest, I'm just going to list a few of the things I particularly liked about this story:
~ The bag-cats.  And my siblings loved them so much that they have become a part of our household vocabulary.
~ Eric killing the snake.  (I HATE snakes.)
~ Robert and Robin's banter about Robin always losing her lists.
~ The one list Robin never lost.
~ Robin Hood's gift to Princess Robin.
~ Robert's archery.

Chapter 26 was my favorite, especially the hilarious duel.  I had guessed how it would end, but it was highly entertaining nonetheless.


Favorite Characters:
Robin is my top favorite.  We're too much alike for her to not be my favorite character
Robert: He's the perfect foil for his sister and his level head and calm manner when Robin is flying off the handle is usually the only thing that stands between her and trouble.
Eric:  I chuckled my way through most of his and Robin's scenes.
Robin Hood: A matchmaking Robin Hood was certainly not what I expected but I enjoyed it very much.
Maid Marian: Spunky, swordfighting, tree climbing and seems younger than she actually is.


I give this book a 10 out of 10 rating and have recommended it to several people.  Everyone in my family from my mother down to the four-year-old likes this book.  I rate it a 5 out of 5 for reading aloud.  We have read it out loud to my younger siblings at least three times and all of them happily gather around to hear it.  They eagerly wait for new installments in the Bookania series and regularly ask me 'when the next book will be out'.


Miss Melody Muffin

2 comments:

  1. i would spazz but i think i'd get deleted if i did. i so very much want to read this book! (and every other one she's written!) isn't Kendra the very talented authoress of the ankulen (which is one of my favorite books)?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. erm i neglected to add my name to my previous comment. Sylrae Quicksilver at your service, m'lady ~elaborate courtly bow~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.