Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Kingdoms and Quests

I'm pleased to be hosting my friend Kendra Ardnek here again, this time with a cover reveal for her fourth novel My Kingdom for a Quest.  I've been looking forward to this book for months and so has my family.  

First, a short interview with Kendra:

Which was your favorite Bookania story to write?
It's a close call between Sew, It's a Quest and My Kingdom for a Quest. Sew was certainly the most painless book, but there are some absolutely adorable scenes in Kingdom that I had an absolute blast writing. (So much so that I wrote them twice ...)

Have you titled the fourth Bookania Quest book yet?
Yes I have, actually, even a mock cover drawn. (I also have titles through to book twenty, and a few other random ones beyond that point, though four is as far as mock covers have gone.). Book four doesn't have my favorite title, but it fits the book and the series. I'll reveal it when I release Kingdom. (So, a month and two weeks from now ... scary thought!) Book four will have a more serious tone than many of the other books. I might cry while writing it.

Oh dear, now you have me worried.  So long as you don't kill off Robin, Robert, Eric or Robin Hood, I think I can live with whatever else you do.  :)


Author Person:

Kendra E. Ardnek loves fairy tales and twisting them in new and exciting ways.  She's been practicing her skills on her dozen plus cousins and siblings for years, "Finish your story, Kendra", is frequently heard at family gatherings.  Her sole life goal has always been to grow up and be an author of fantasy and children's tales that also glorify God and his Word. You can read more about her on her blog,knittedbygodsplan.blogspot.com.


An introduction to My Kingdom for a Quest:
Arthur is the rightful king of Briton, but his Uncle Mordreth refuses to give up the regency.   Arthur and Grandfather are now returning with allies to wrestle the kingdom from his uncle's grasp.  But not all is as it seems among his allies, and everyone has secrets.  New loves, old loves, lost loves, kingdoms conquered and kingdoms stolen.   Who is the real "rightful heir" and will the nearly forgotten sword in the stone finally answer this question?


Kingdom's Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23563093-my-kingdom-for-a-quest


You can find the first two Bookania Quests books on Amazon:
Sew, It's a Quest
Do You Take This Quest?


By now you are probably saying, "Just show us the cover already!"  Very well, here you are:




Is it not fantastic??!!!!!



Miss Melody Muffin

6 comments:

  1. Yes! The waiting is almost over! As the Muffin's Mom, I can fully attest to the fact that we have been waiting, (perhaps even pestering along the way??) for Kingdom to be finished. The cover is fantastic, and we are all looking forward to a delightful time visiting Bookania again.
    Hmm..now to decide who will have the privilege of being the reader of this one, since it will be a family read-aloud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Kendra's little sister... I can attest to it being good. I've gotten to read it already... not all, but some. It is very good. But my favorite scene got cut. *Disappointed* but it is still good.

      Delete
  2. Love the cover!! And I downloaded all the free books that were available on Christmas! I.will be reading them soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. OH MY WORD. (And that Christmas poem was lovely -- thanks for sharing!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get scared when Authors have a hard time writing their books. Since I've written some hard books, I know how they can go...so that makes it worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, but I'm a soft-hearted author, Jack.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.