Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Lauri's Lord of the Rings Tag

My friend Lauriloth tagged me with this Tolkien tag.  Thank you, Lauri!  (By the way, I like that title- Tolkienknights.  It's cool.  :D)


~Rules~
-Link back to the blogger who nominated you 

Lauri @ Musings of an Elf
-Answer questions 

-Tag some of your own fellow Tolkienknights!


~Questions~
1. How were you first introduced to LotR/TH and was it love at first sight/read?
I'd known of the books and movies for years, but because my Mom didn't like fantasy, we didn't have any around (aside from some fairy tales) when I was younger.  Three years ago I decided I wanted to read the books and borrowed them from a friend (and yes, my Mom was fine with me reading them, for those of you who might be wondering).  It was most definitely love at first read.  From the first chapter of The Hobbit, I was hooked.

2. If you could meet the actors who portray the characters in the movies, would you?
Absolutely.  I've watched most or all of the behind-the-scenes videos from the filming of the LOTR trilogy and I eagerly watched every one of the video diaries from the set of The Hobbit as it came out.

3. What is your favorite credit song from LotR/TH?
THE LAST GOODBYE, HANDS DOWN, ALWAYS AND FOREVER.  Enya's May It Be is a close second and Neil Finn's Song of the Lonely Mountain and Annie Lennox's Into The West tie for third place.

4. The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit - which is your favorite?  *evil laugh*  (And no, you don't actually have to decide.  I'm merciful like that. *magnanimous smile*)
Whew!  You had me worried for a minute.  :)  In actuality though, I prefer LOTR to The Hobbit, because of the grander scope of LOTR.  I do love The Hobbit, but if I had to choose, I'd choose LOTR.

5. Who is your favorite all-around character?
ARAGORN, start to finish.  And if you've only seen the movies and wonder about my choice because of his character in the movies- GO READ THE BOOKS.
Seriously, though, for more on why I like Aragon, see this post.

6. What is your opinion on Boromir?
He was a noble man who, through his desire to save his city and his people, fell prey to the power of the ring.
For more of my thoughts on Boromir, visit this post and this post.

7. How many times have you watched the movies/read the books?
*blank look*  I don't remember?
*cudgels brain*  I know I've read The Hobbit at least three times and am currently reading it out loud to my younger sister, making a total of at least four times.  As for the LOTR trilogy... I think I've read each of the books at least three times... and ROTK I've probably read four or five times.
In the three years since I was introduced to Tolkien, I've seen all of the LOTR movies at least five times, AUJ four or five times, DOS three times I think and BOTFA once.  (Hurry up March 24 - I need that movie on dvd!!!)

8. What book is your favorite?
WHAT KIND OF TRICK QUESTION IS THIS???
Oh very well, if I absolutely MUST choose... Return of the King.

9. Who is your favorite female character (other than your answer to question #5)?
Arwen and Eowyn have always tied for first in my affections.  I'm honestly not sure I CAN choose between the two of them.

10. Who is your favorite male character (other than your answer to question #5)?
Legolas.  :)

11. Which of the movies, in your opinion, has the best ending?
Return of the King... and The Battle of the Five Armies comes in a close second.


~Tagging~
Jack
Mahri
Katrina
Amy
Treskie
Bella



Miss Melody Muffin

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you did it! I loooved reading your answers! ^_^

    I have to give all credit to this tag's creator, Arwen (http://meanwhileinrivendell.blogspot.com/), for saying Tolkienknight. Isn't it an awesome term? I love it!

    ARAGORN FOREVER!!!!! He's definitely my utmost favorite character of all of Tolkien's. Both the book and movie version.

    ROTK is my favorite of the LOTR ones as well. It just got bigger and bigger and then wrapped everything up with a satisfying ending. Ah, just talking about it makes me want to read it again!

    This was great. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.