Friday, September 4, 2015

Water Princess, Fire Prince Blog Tour: An Interview With Jill Anna

Today I'm taking part in the blog tour for Water Princess, Fire Prince; Kendra E. Ardnek's newest novel.  I had the privilege of beta-reading Water Princess, Fire Prince and enjoyed it.  It's a good book and I recommend it, particularly if you like Narnia or just Christian Fantasy in general.



When the Lady Dragon does come,
Hold fast, do not fear, do not run.
Your Water Princess will fight,
Fire Prince will set all to right.
Each shall come from a Fall,
Their union will save you all.

Despite the fact that she's on track for competing in the Olympics, and he's practically raised his younger brothers since they lost their mom in a car accident, Clara Mandras and Andrew Stevenson are pretty much normal teens. They have normal hopes, normal dreams, and they live in a normal world.

All this is torn away from them when they are thrust into another world and declared Water Princess and Fire Prince. With no experience ruling a country, meeting each other for the first time, and being expected to fight the Lady Dragon – an evil sorceress plaguing the world of Rizkaland – Clara and Andrew are under-prepared and inexperienced. Unless they learn to work together despite their standing opposition, Rizkaland's hope will be lost.

What is to come will change their lives forever.




Kendra E. Ardnek loves fairy tales and twisting them in new and exciting ways.  She's been practicing her skills on her dozen plus cousins and siblings for years, "Finish your story, Kendra", is frequently heard at family gatherings.  Her sole life goal has always been to grow up and be an author of fantasy and children's tales that also glorify God and his Word. You can read more about her on her blog, knittedbygodsplan.blogspot.com.

Free Books!
August 31st-September 4th:

September 1st – September 5th:


As part of the blog tour, I had the chance to interview Jill Anna, a secondary character in WP, FP and one of my favorite female characters from this book.  (Much of the time, I liked her better than Clara, but don't tell Clara that.)

1. You're a seamstress; what does a typical day look like for you?
Predominately sewing in the seamstress hall with about forty other girls. We receive three meals a day provided we meet a daily quota. It's a hard life, to be certain, but it's better than others, so I don't complain.

2. What was your first impression of your Water Princess?
She seemed a bit unconventional, but Li'Daughter Essua hadn't been exactly conventional either, and it wasn't my place to pass judgement.

3. What was your first impression of the Fire Prince?
He is a rather quiet fellow, and I'm afraid I was rather caught up with worry over Jasmine when I met him, so I'm not sure I formed any first impressions. I was rather impressed with the report Jasmine gave of him, however.

4. When you were chosen to go with the Water Princess, were you apprehensive or eager to go along?
I was honored to be so specifically chosen by the Water Princess. but I'm afraid I leaned more towards apprehension than eagerness. I'd never traveled so far in my life, and while I had a curiosity to see the rest of the world, I was rather comfortable in my life.

5. Who is your least favorite person in Klarand?
This is a rather ... mean question. But I suppose, in the spirit of answering it - Rena. She's a fellow seamstress, but she enjoys putting on airs and belittling me.

Thank you Jill Anna!


For more of the blog tour, visit these stops today:
Kendra's Blog: The Initiation
Morgan Elizabeth Huneke - Interview with Amber
A Heart Redeemed - Interview with Kendra
Jaye L. Knight - Interview with Kendra
Dolls, Books, and Things That Matter - Review of WP, FP
Sutori no Hana - Review of WP, FP
Overactive Imagination - Group review of WP, FP with the Blogger's younger sisters



Miss Melody Muffin

7 comments:

  1. The life of a seamstress - interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the interview! Jill Anna was one if my favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. There are some question I wouldn't have been able to keep from asking her, but spoilers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Actually, Miss Melody tried to ask Jill Anna a spoiler question, but I made her change it.)

      Delete
    2. I'm really curious what this question was now . . .

      Delete
  4. Awesome interview, and good questions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting! I didn't know most of this. I love Jill Anna too. She's awesome.

    "She seemed a bit unconventional, but Li'Daughter Essua hadn't been exactly conventional either, and it wasn't my place to pass judgement." XD That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

If you are commenting as Anonymous or Unknown, please leave your name in your comment.