Back in September, Kiri Liz from Lianne Taimenlore awarded me the Artsy Award. Thank you very much, Kiri!
1. Normally this is where it says "thank the person who gave you the award and leave a link to their blog etc. etc." Well, you can do that if you want. I mean, if you like the award and you're glad you got it and you can do that. Or you can just copy this and have people listen to me rambling. :)
2. Answer the five questions set out for you and make the next five questions for the people that you nominate.
3. OK, so usually there's a "NO TAGBACKS" rule. I'm here to say that in #3 of this award you can tag or not tag or whatever you want to do. Agreed? Agreed. ;)
1. Peaches or pineapple?
Hmm, pineapple, although I am fond of peaches, too.
2. Piano or violin?
Piano. I do have a sister who is interested in learning the violin.
3. What famous literary character do you think you are most like?
Elinor Dashwood, most of the time. Several years ago a friend told me if I had red hair, I would be just like Anne of Green Gables. I was thrilled! (And to those who may wonder, yes, like Elinor, there is much hidden beneath my surface personality. And I still do have many facets of Anne's personality.)
4. Where do you see yourself ten years from now?
Oooh! I would LOVE to be living in England and be a costume designer for the BBC, and writing books and training horses on the side. Ah, for a dream come true! :)
Where I really see myself is still writing novels and hopefully with several books published. And maybe training a few horses.
5. What is your main goal in writing?
To glorify God and hopefully bless others by the messages in the stories of all these characters who have invaded my life.
Five questions for my awardees:
1. Rain or snow?
2. Would you rather visit Paris or London?
3. Do you prefer a dark night or a moonlit night?
4. Have you ever seen a Mountain Bluebird?
5. On your dream vacation, where would you go?
Miss Elizabeth Bennet of Elegance of Fashion
Kellie of Accordion to Kellie
Miss Dashwood and Miss Marianne at The P&P95Forever Club
Sarah and Rachel of Two's Company
Maria Elisabeth at Miss Georgiana Darcy
Also in September, Jessa Bri at Life of a Michigan Homeschooler awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award. Many, many thanks, Jessa!
1. Must state the rules.
2. Thank the awarded and link back to them.
3. Must pass this award along to five other bloggers.
4. List their names with links to their award winning blogs.
5. Must notify the awarded bloggers by commenting on their blogs.
6. Share seven unusual things about yourself. Something that not many people could say about themselves.
1. I have a multi-track brain. This means that most of the time, I can think about at least two things at the same time.
2. I would love to have a Siamese colored lion. (These just showed up in one of my stories a few weeks ago.)
3. Actually I would love to have any color lion, tiger or jaguar for a pet.
4. I have jumbled Greek, Spanish and English into the same sentence.
5. I used to regularly wash my family's laundry in a ringer washer.
6. I have shocked oats, with some friends.
7. I enjoy exclaiming in other languages. Caramba! Eureka!
Jack at However Improbable
Kendra at Knitted by God's Plan
Katie at Whisperings of the Pen
Jessica at Safirewriter
Katherine Sophia at Seek Him First
And in October, Kiri Liz also awarded me with the Liebster Blog award. Thank you, Kiri!
1. You must post eleven random facts about yourself.
2. You must also answer the eleven questions the awarder has given you and make up eleven questions for your awardees to answer in turn.
3. Tag eleven fellow bloggers.
4. Notify them that you've awarded them.
5. No tagging back.
6. The eleven blogs you tag must have less than 200 followers.
Okay, I did something a little different for the first few questions and asked some of my sisters for random facts about myself. (I refer to them with numbers here but I do have a post in my drafts introducing my family properly. Sometime I will actually post it.) :)
1. Sister #3 reminded me that, like the Clampett family, I have eaten opossum.
2. And I have also eaten raccoon.
3. Sister #1 says I have never been to the ocean. (And I do so long to go!)
4. Sister #4 says I have been to a Steven Curtis Chapman concert. (Was it ever terrific, too!)
5. Sister #3 says I have unusually coarse hair. (She's the hairstyle sister.)
6. I do not like peanut butter.
7. My grandpa informed me (in jest of course) that to not like peanut butter is un-American.
8. I am not fond of mustard either, except in certain dishes, like potato salad.
9. Pizza quesadillas are one of my favorite foods.
10. I enjoy seeing what actresses/celebrities wear on the red carpet (even if most of the outfits I would never wear).
11. I can hardly wait to see Les Miserables and The Hobbit!!
Kiri elected not to give us eleven more questions to answer since she had already given us eleven questions in an elvensies tag that I will fill out later.
My questions for the awardees:
1. What is your favorite holiday tea (or drink)?
2. Would you rather visit the mountains or the ocean?
3. What is your favorite soup?
4. A mouse runs out from under a wall and across your bedroom. What do you do?
5. What was the last book you read?
6. King Kamehameha (the Great), who was he?
7. What is your favorite Christmas song?
8. What is your favorite traditional Thanksgiving food?
9. Have you ever been in an airplane?
10. Housecleaning, do you hate it, not mind it, or actually like it?
11. Ever played Ultimate Frisbee?
And I award:
TomWildRose at The Rambling Rose
Clair at Working Title
Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm
Hayden at Story Girl
Rachel at A Butcher, A Baker, A Candlestick Maker
Vicki at Sunshine and Shadow
Nessima Tavariel at Arda Nessimava
Charity at Austentitis
Storyteller at Storyteller of Weston County
Rose M at The Golden Road
Abby at From My Writing Desk
ETA: I just realized I forgot to check the blogs I awarded for the less-than-200-followers rule. So I might be breaking that rule! :)
Miss Melody Muffin